Back to the Mariana Trench

MassWineGuy

Hours are looking slim now that Response is gone. More like the typical January to March or so slump. Instead of 6-8 hours a day, it was hard reaching five. I think they’re trying to appease FT drivers with more hours, including some of mine.

I might be able to work a couple of mornings a week, though I’m not eager to do so. My health plan costs went from $259 to $17 per month, so I’ll wait for next week’s check to see how much difference it makes.

btrlov

Hours are looking slim now that Response is gone. More like the typical January to March or so slump. Instead of 6-8 hours a day, it was hard reaching five. I think they’re trying to appease FT drivers with more hours, including some of mine.

I might be able to work a couple of mornings a week, though I’m not eager to do so. My health plan costs went from $259 to $17 per month, so I’ll wait for next week’s check to see how much difference it makes.
what caused it to go down?

MassWineGuy

Not sure. I’d guess it’s the general worldwide reduction in freight being shipped. If that’s to be believed. But I know some parts of the country are still being hammered. Some routes have lost pickups to the day side. So much for any seniority. 😂

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not sure. I’d guess it’s the general worldwide reduction in freight being shipped. If that’s to be believed. But I know some parts of the country are still being hammered. Some routes have lost pickups to the day side. So much for any seniority. 😂
Think @btrlov meant your health plan going down…

MassWineGuy

So I just got my first check of the new year and I’m slightly worried. I was averaging between about 24 to 29 or 30 hours a week.

Post-Response it’s looking more like 19 or 20. I’m hoping part of the reason is the normal after Peak drop in shipments. But I’m not sure I had such few hours in the past. I hope things begin picking up at some point prior to next Peak.

MassWineGuy

Yes, I maybe overly optimistic.

Of course I don’t really know, but I think our SM and probably others have been told to cut hours.

lilwizbiz

So I just got my first check of the new year and I’m slightly worried. I was averaging between about 24 to 29 or 30 hours a week.

Post-Response it’s looking more like 19 or 20. I’m hoping part of the reason is the normal after Peak drop in shipments. But I’m not sure I had such few hours in the past. I hope things begin picking up at some point prior to next Peak.
Become full time then. You’re part time they’re only obligated to give you 17.5 which they are

MassWineGuy

I thought the minimum was 14. Glad I’m wrong. Apparently, the SM is limiting PT to four hours/day and FT to eight. We really have too many routes spreading out stops too thin.

Full time would mean waking up at 6 am, which runs counter to my DNA. And they could require me to work extra days and hours, something they can only request of part time.

Artee

Big cuts coming. Anyone over 40 hours/wk is being looked at. Also COE hours are being looked at very closely. No more part timers working full time hours.

Serf

Big cuts coming. Anyone over 40 hours/wk is being looked at. Also COE hours are being looked at very closely. No more part timers working full time hours.
We sent guys home today who worked 9 or 10 hrs the past 2 days. Willingly of course, other we sent out to due a few hours and come back.

Godzilla55

Yup, Valet starts next week for us. Everyone is pissed off. Irregular hours, crazy start times daily. Manager also told me that valet can throw you in the cans no matter what your seniority is. Get ready for injuries to skyrocket along with call ins. Seniority is only good for vacation bidding. That’s it. Hopefully, this will die quickly along with DisaSTAR. I really don’t see the need for managers if a program is going to spit out work assignments & schedules. What a cluster.

Fedexcellent

Yup, Valet starts next week for us. Everyone is pissed off. Irregular hours, crazy start times daily. Manager also told me that valet can throw you in the cans no matter what your seniority is. Get ready for injuries to skyrocket along with call ins. Seniority is only good for vacation bidding. That’s it. Hopefully, this will die quickly along with DisaSTAR. I really don’t see the need for managers if a program is going to spit out work assignments & schedules. What a cluster.
Unless the station management and engineer are clueless, valet can be engineered to work well enough. You can assign groups of people you want valet to schedule in various sort positions. That way it won't throw the 60 year old veteran courier into the cans offloading. That would be a disaster but can easily be avoided in Valet with a little setup and preparation by management.

Nolimitz

Unless the station management and engineer are clueless, valet can be engineered to work well enough. You can assign groups of people you want valet to schedule in various sort positions. That way it won't throw the 60 year old veteran courier into the cans offloading. That would be a disaster but can easily be avoided in Valet with a little setup and preparation by management.
You're talking about forethought. That never existed where I was. Loving being retired.