Bad neighborhood

article22

Banned
take the job.... i delivered in the baddest parts of PHILLY and never had a problem!! i been to brownsville and a few more of them areas and they are not that bad! where else can u be a "dumb truck driver" and make close to 100K

kingOFchester

In the article about Brownsville I noticed a Bose Acoustic wave in the back of the UPS truck. Retail cost over 1k. Medium household income 25k.

Huh.

In the article about Brownsville I noticed a Bose Acoustic wave. Retail cost over 1k. Medium household income 25k............................................................................................................................................ Sounds like a few of the same houses I go to. No job 60 inch plasma T.V. playing shootem up games on their Xbox 360 and a pair of 300 dollar sneakers! Hey UPS guy can your spare a buck or two? Really! Really!

milsim

I`m goin` on my interview tomorrow and for a little drive with the div.manager so i will see whats the situation over there....

ocnewguy

In the article about Brownsville I noticed a Bose Acoustic wave. Retail cost over 1k. Medium household income 25k............................................................................................................................................ Sounds like a few of the same houses I go to. No job 60 inch plasma T.V. playing shootem up games on their Xbox 360 and a pair of 300 dollar sneakers! Hey UPS guy can your spare a buck or two? Really! Really!

your tax dollars at work

packageguy

HI

I was offered a driver position in Brooklyn. The areas that they cover are Brownsville, East New York, Canarsie, Flatbush, Cypress Hill and Lindenwood.
But as far as I know these are the worst parts of Brooklyn, especially Brownsville. Is it acceptable to say I will not take the job because of the bad neighborhood? Honestly I dont wanna drive around with a truck that worth 40.000 bucks in the `hood`. And its also about an hour drive from my house Any opinions or advices please??[/QUOTE

I been in the hood for about 5 years now, best Decision I made in years. People are nice, you get a couple of idiots now and then, but the rest have your back.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are nice people there, really. You can tell by looking at a house if you should go. If there is a Jesus loves you, or God is love or a planter, or a christmas light or two, there are good people inside. If the yard is full of trash, dogs tied out front, and the porch is fallin in,dont go. It may be judgemental, but thats my radar.