Bad Weather in KY.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That reminds me

In the past 3 months, I have seen more shuttle work and late air brought to us than I have seen in 9 years. Christmas Eve alone I had 2 air meets. Today they had a late air load come in. Is this nationwide or just in my neck of the woods, South New England.

It seems like a waste of time and expenses to shuttle work that wasn't at our building til 11am. Just curious.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I had a meet point today at 1400 were i received an aditional 45 air packages. It was from louisville, but we were directed to sheet as other and not weather for late reason.

Its been a rough winter with the weather, snow, ice freezing temps, bring on summer!

29th Christmas

We had blizzard conditions today and will Wed--probably won't work Wed.

When do (or did) some of the regional air hubs close down or cut back? The company will never admit it, but this could affect how smooth things are in the 'air' world.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Heff. Same here in S NE. Hell maybe we're a tthe same center.. Got my call to meet the air shuttle at 16:15 two routes over. So much late air nowadays. I got an air meet Christmas eve at 6:15pm.

Good times...Good Times

browniehound

That reminds me

In the past 3 months, I have seen more shuttle work and late air brought to us than I have seen in 9 years. Christmas Eve alone I had 2 air meets. Today they had a late air load come in. Is this nationwide or just in my neck of the woods, South New England.

It seems like a waste of time and expenses to shuttle work that wasn't at our building til 11am. Just curious.

HEFF,
I have notice the same trend. I also had 2 air meet points on X-MAS eve and that was a killer, no? We were shuttled out air packages at 1645-1700 on X-MAS eve. and that really hurt me. I had worked 9 other X-MAS eve's and was always done by 1500.

I had a bad Christmas eve. I was done at 1600 but a driver-helper team near me still had 150 left at 1600! I took 70 stops that would have been on my route if it were April, lol. I finished at about 1830 and asked to code 5 (to not get docked the 1 hour for lunch). The response was "why didn't you get a chance for lunch since you had no pick-ups"

I couldn't believe it. Christmas eve was always "code 5" so we could get home. Why not this year? I can't believe I was threatned to be forced to sit doing nothing from 1830-1930 on Christmas eve.

It wasn't the case, I was approved for a code 5 but I can't believe I had to ask! The question I recieved at first "Why didn't you get a chance for lunch" made me sick! Its just a manager seeking 1 hour of free labor from 50 drivers.

What other scenario would there be to demand a 1 hour lunch from the drivers? He knew everyone would work through their lunch just to get home. Thats 50 drivers skipping their lunch on Christmas eve. Our center manager must have been drooling at the cost savings!

stringerman85

I was sitting here thinking about the late air, and how it's unsafe for the airplane to function in KY. But it's never too unsafe for the feeder drivers to travel the same distance in the same weather. I guess the highway has to be shut down. I can't imagine the commute from I-64 or I-70 tonight across the midwest. Sucks

backinbrown

respect my authority
I was sitting here thinking about the late air, and how it's unsafe for the airplane to function in KY. But it's never too unsafe for the feeder drivers to travel the same distance in the same weather. I guess the highway has to be shut down. I can't imagine the commute from I-64 or I-70 tonight across the midwest. Sucks

thoughts go out to all in this mess

I'mTheMan

As I drive by BFI tonight, I saw the MD-11 arrived from SDF late tonight. Landed 8:55 pm PDT. Late 2 day and 3 day today but on time with next day air block out. We usually use the 767's for these volumes but I had a feeling that SDF ran out of of those aircraft and were forced to use MD-11's for BFI and PDX tonight for 2, 3 day and air cargo. However I did saw a 767 were on the ramp all day because the 2 day and 3 day were planned to load on 767 were told "No Go" due to weather in Louisville. Hope for the best the better weather will come around in few days. We already had our worse ones back in December's snow storm. Keep on de-icing days ahead! -:)

FEDEX had a few service failures yesterday. fedex.JPG Luckily no one was seriously injured.
fedex.JPG