Bad weather policy?

steeltoe

Is there a company policy for outside yard employees during bad weather. Are employees expected to wait for word of mouth action? Is there protocal during a tornado warning, or does the company wait for a visual?

over9five

Staff member
I am a yard employee, and have never heard of any such protocals. I would like to think they would let me know about a tornado warning, but....

tarbar66

Who needs protocol if you have common sense? When I was a shifter I had my local am radio on. One of the mechanics was always happy to tell me about the sky that was looking like a tornado was coming.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is there a company policy for outside yard employees during bad weather. Are employees expected to wait for word of mouth action? Is there protocal during a tornado warning, or does the company wait for a visual?

They wait for the visual ... a yellow shifter in the air gets their attention every time.

I think if it was me, I would tell dispatch, "I'm taking a break."

whiskey

They left us out in a hurricane once. You would not believe that story. And that will be the last hurricane I work.

Brown up big boy and take it like a man I'll be hiding under the steps.

brownedout

They left us out in a hurricane once. You would not believe that story. And that will be the last hurricane I work.

I'd believe it Whiskey! Us too. Floyd, Sept. 1999. By the time Dist. Mgr. recalled us a dam had burst 1/4 mile from building. Roads leading to center were COMPLETELY flooded over. The only way in was to park PC's 1/2 mile from center in a commuter lot, and get "Ferried" to building in the back of a 24 footer. Not that it mattered much, we couldn't go anywhere in our personal cars.