Baltimore Feeder Driver Shot

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our driver is doing fine, he is back at home in Texas. Tieguy posted a lot of inside info on the UPS Headlines Forum.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS took very good care of the drivers family, flying them up to be with him.

I agree with this, it sounds like our folks in the Baltimore Hub took great care of this guy. Glad to know he is doing well. There are a lot of idiots out on the streets, this could happen to any of us.

tieguy

Banned
Do you really think this comment was appropriate given the circumstances?

Definitely not. No the shooter was some thug who got pissed at the driver for some unknown reason. He probably rode beside our driver for at least 5 to 10 seconds before he decided to pull out his 9mm and shoot at him. Hope they catch him and hang him.

upsdude

Kudos to the driver’s wife!! Imagine getting the phone call and having to schedule a flight and the uncertainty she must have felt. Its one thing to drive across town to a hospital, she had fly across several states! She had to have been wondering if everything was really OK.

upsdude

Kudos to UPS, too. Sounds like the wife didn't have to schedule anything, it was all taken care of.

For sure!! The UPS folks deserve any and all praise for the way this was handled!

My point was that you don't just walk up to the counter and say "I'm ready to leave NOW!". The wait, the flight, looking for the person meeting her on the other end that she's never seen before.

over9five

Staff member
The driver was very lucky.

It is so sad that some low-life could walk up to any of us, our friends, or our families and end our life without a second thought.

It's a scary world we live in where people have no regard for human life.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Its my opinion . The story just dose not seem right. But neithier is tie guy.

shame on you.

i would hope it is not the begining of a trend.......both your stupidity and the random shooting of ups drivers....

d

carlos804322

sorry to hear that someone would do such a thing to a ups driver,i hope they get the person . god bless the driver and his family.ups driver nwr nj.:surprised:

hyena

This is a very unfornuate situation, but to the driver I hope you get better soon! Props to UPS for taking care of the family needs very honorable!

chev

Nightcrawler
I was glad to hear he was ok. I happened to be sitting at the Balt. hub, waiting for my loads, when this happened.
Kudos to UPS for taking care of his family.:happy-very: