Bank Called. Direct Deposit of $1,118,239.00 ! What Would You Do?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
bank called yesterday to tell me that UPS direct paycheck deposit was over a million dollars and it was very irregular.

yes it is. it should of been 1118 dollars and change

1. I guess I could call payroll.

2. I could transfer funds to an offshore account and leave the country.

3. ???????

bank said they are putting hold on funds until it is straightened out.

but it sure is nice to daydream. the local paper and radio station is going to do a story on it and maybe it will be picked up nationwide and the internet.

this peak sure is exciting.

UPS4Life

wow that's crazy! I wouldn't tell them and see how long you can ride the interest and then pay it back in 9 months after the contract is negotiated. Just kidding that is crazy somebody made an uh oh.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some serious OT. Are you in Feeders.

What is the interest daily on that money? Is it legal to keep the interest?

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'd have a jet chartered and be in the Caribbean before anybody knew what hit them.

Kidding of course. But congrats on being a millionaire, even if it is only for a short time :)

ski or die

Ski or Die
I sure would hate to pay your income taxes next year. You might want to make some quick investments in some IRA's before the end of year. Maybe a 5 year income averaging might help some.

Dutch Dawg

Be interesting to hear how much was withheld this week on the check statement posted on your account @ UPSERs

It'd be tempting to print a hard copy for framing or conversation at Christmas parties this year.

raceanoncr

see.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
bank called yesterday to tell me that UPS direct paycheck deposit was over a million dollars and it was very irregular.

yes it is. it should of been 1118 dollars and change

1. I guess I could call payroll.

2. I could transfer funds to an offshore account and leave the country.

3. ???????

bank said they are putting hold on funds until it is straightened out.

but it sure is nice to daydream. the local paper and radio station is going to do a story on it and maybe it will be picked up nationwide and the internet.

this peak sure is exciting.
Guess Abney worked on Friday for double time also.