Bank Called. Direct Deposit of $1,118,239.00 ! What Would You Do?

Camping Nana

I would smell SCAM if I got a phone call supposedly from my bank making such a claim.

Do you smell scam if your credit card company and/or bank call and inform you of possible fraud on your account? If they do not ask for any personal information (account number, social security number, etc etc), it is most likely legit. I would smell a scam only if they began asking for my information to "confirm" that it was my account. If they began to ask those questions, I would politely decline to give any information - but would then make a stop at the nearest bank branch to clarify.

We were traveling and not near a bank when they called that there was possible fraud on my credit card. I was VERY thankful for that phone call. They were able to confirm their identity and it started the ball rolling to protecting my account.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
bank called yesterday to tell me that UPS direct paycheck deposit was over a million dollars and it was very irregular.

yes it is. it should of been 1118 dollars and change

1. I guess I could call payroll.

2. I could transfer funds to an offshore account and leave the country.

3. ???????

bank said they are putting hold on funds until it is straightened out.

but it sure is nice to daydream. the local paper and radio station is going to do a story on it and maybe it will be picked up nationwide and the internet.

this peak sure is exciting.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow!!! and I thought the extra $10,000 added to my saving account one time was neat. (yes they did catch the error)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What would I do?
wally-esense-02.jpg

And then sail away never to be heard from again.

clean hairy

Do you smell scam if your credit card company and/or bank call and inform you of possible fraud on your account? If they do not ask for any personal information (account number, social security number, etc etc), it is most likely legit. I would smell a scam only if they began asking for my information to "confirm" that it was my account. If they began to ask those questions, I would politely decline to give any information - but would then make a stop at the nearest bank branch to clarify.

We were traveling and not near a bank when they called that there was possible fraud on my credit card. I was VERY thankful for that phone call. They were able to confirm their identity and it started the ball rolling to protecting my account.
i would hang up on them and call back to verify if it was legit.
Intially i would say scam till it was proven by return call to be legit.

Future

Victory Ride
bank called yesterday to tell me that UPS direct paycheck deposit was over a million dollars and it was very irregular.

yes it is. it should of been 1118 dollars and change

1. I guess I could call payroll.

2. I could transfer funds to an offshore account and leave the country.

3. ???????

bank said they are putting hold on funds until it is straightened out.

but it sure is nice to daydream. the local paper and radio station is going to do a story on it and maybe it will be picked up nationwide and the internet.

this peak sure is exciting.
You should be on a plane with your pretty ladies 2 a remote island ASAP!!!!!