Bank Called. Direct Deposit of $1,118,239.00 ! What Would You Do?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Talking about last week. Worked about 11 hors mon tue and wed holiday pay Thursday holiday pay Friday plus double time pay. I have made posts about how it should have been way more.......

I claim married and 1 (I have 2). A humble 6% to 401k, union dues and max amount to DRIVE and still, an $1100 check is kinda ho-hum.

Sent using a Potato

O

OLDMAN3

Do you have a sob story to tell? It would be great if when you did the TV interview you played it up; set up a donation fund. Tell them with tears in those pretty eyes that you would have had the money to buy a Christmas gift for your kid Johnny if only the bank let you keep the money...But of course you are too honest for that. End the interview with a link to the trust fund for poor Johnny.

alwaysoverallowed

If you're taking home over $1500 you either have 8 kids or you're not putting enough away.
Not quite 1500 but I do put 5% in the 401k 1% in a Roth give $3 to drive work 5ish hours of o/t claim 3 and clear 1100ish just enought to buy some beer every two weeks while my wife stays at home raising the monsters; thank God for the ibt otherwise I'd be broke.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not quite 1500 but I do put 5% in the 401k 1% in a Roth give $3 to drive work 5ish hours of o/t claim 3 and clear 1100ish just enought to buy some beer every two weeks while my wife stays at home raising the monsters; thank God for the ibt otherwise I'd be broke.
5% is nothing in a 401k. I would say 10% is min about anyone should do.

I know mine hits me a little harder tax wise because I do all Roth.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
1k is a nice take home check for me. Anything above goes in the slush fund. I get a kick out of people talking about earning interest on money. What the hell good is .0125%?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I wonder if they will have trouble getting the Fed and State withholding refunded from the irs? I know when they overpaid the retro a few months back they claimed they could not get it back and charged one driver for their own eff up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder if they will have trouble getting the Fed and State withholding refunded from the irs? I know when they overpaid the retro a few months back they claimed they could not get it back and charged one driver for their own eff up.

Taxes are withheld and remitted to the IRS on a quarterly basis.