Banned Songs

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Apparently "Brown Sugar" bit the dust, we don't hear "I've Love to Change the World" by TYA or Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" anymore....Starting to see the madness..

What classics are going to be next?

Commercial Inside Release

Threatening to ban songs is a great way to improve sales.

The original.

In 1978, the State of Maryland delegate Isaiah Dixon attempted to introduce legislation making it illegal to play "Short People" on the radio. He was advised by Attorney General Francis B. Burch that such a law would be a violation of the First Amendment.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

The original.

In 1978, the State of Maryland delegate Isaiah Dixon attempted to introduce legislation making it illegal to play "Short People" on the radio. He was advised by Attorney General Francis B. Burch that such a law would be a violation of the First Amendment.
Randy Newman doesn't mince words on his feelings

Poop Head

Judge me.

The original.

God i love randy newman.

Listening to his music when i was young, i always pictured him being a tarded black guy. Blew my mind when i found out he was a chomo looking white dude.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Read recently that the song Monster Mash was banned on many radio stations but don't know why.

Stone's Let's Spend the Night Together
Door's Light My Fire

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Elvis Costello was banned from SNL in l977 by playing his song "Radio, Radio" without permission.

Mott the Hoople: "All the Way to Memphis"...

All it takes is one word...

I would say most of Lou Reed's songs were not accept on commercial radio too political and swore like a sailor...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Apparently "Brown Sugar" bit the dust, we don't hear "I've Love to Change the World" by TYA or Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" anymore....Starting to see the madness..

What classics are going to be next?
In 07 in the Bigger Bang Tour, I heard Mick sing, "How come you taste so good, just like a young boy should"....I thought, What the hell? Can't say a black girl taste good? smh

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Won't hear this word when Dire Straits plays I Love My MTV.....

See the little :censored2: with the earring and the make-up
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little :censored2: got his own jet airplane
That little :censored2: he's a millionaire

Guess you won't read that word here either...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
in massachusetts radio they banned "Wild Thing" for awhile.
they banned a lot of stuff for awhile. maybe thats why FM radio and WBCN ( @covemaster maybe remembers ) became so popular.

one of those FM stations had a DJ called "Smokn Oakn " that played the real long rock songs and there was a lot of dead air cause he was so stoned.