Banner plane

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
On word of mouth info I heard today it seems the Teamsters, and I am assuming it was Local 177, hired a banner plane to fly past the Edison building in NJ yesterday. I was told that Bloomberg was doing a news piece at the time on UPS and may have caught the plane on camera. The banner supposedly accused the company of being unsafe.

I believe it was last year that Local 177 bought billboard space off the NJ Turnpike that also accused the company of being unsafe.

I did a web search for more info but came up with zilch.

ShopStewardLocal177

Yes it's true. Local 177 did hire a banner plane and also gave out flyers in the parking lot about treating the works bad. They also had two billboards on the NJ turnpike. I got pics of the banner on the turnpike but not the plane. Yes the LP people did get pictures of the plane. GO 177.

Matt
9 7 08 teamster poster on turnpike me matt and tim (10).jpg

over9five

Staff member
Not trying to offend anyone, but I have to wonder why Local 177 can't handle this without the (costly) dramatics? Have the normal channels not worked?

D

Dis-organized Labor

I mean, putting this out for the public to see could result in loss of volume AND Teamster jobs.

Why don't they do something briiliant, like picket some of our biggest Customers, like the airline mechanics are doing?????

D

Dis-organized Labor

I have a novel idea.......

why doesn't the company honor the contract and none of this would have to happen.

The Union will not agree that their members should share in the costs of their health care. It's a proven fact, that people will think twice about most things if it's coming out of their own pocket.

BROWN430

LMAO That video is sweet. The look of those two suits in the parking lot is priceless . They look like two lost kids about to :censored2: in their pants. It's like they always say ..........BE PREPARED EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED Do you think they left them selves an out or are they going to take the path of least resistance??????????? LOL

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Ups has there own banner plane here. They have a sup drive an irreg train around the hub stating it's ok for management to do teamster work for all to see.Honor the contract ? "sure they do,not !"

D

Dis-organized Labor

Why should we agree?

I was unaware that we are renegotiating our current contract.

Sorry...
I'm in the Airline and the ($43./hour) Aircraft Mechanics are contemplating a strike. They are in negotiations with the company for the last 3 years.
They claim it's the company's fault, but I think it's 50/50.
They picket some of our major Customers which may backfire on Them, You, & me!~
What do you make an hour and work 10+ hours a day???

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
Not trying to offend anyone, but I have to wonder why Local 177 can't handle this without the (costly) dramatics? Have the normal channels not worked?

how long have you worked at UPS to know UPS blocks the normal channels at every turn