Battery Life sucking GPS tracker. Gah!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Soo, it wasn't this bad last summer, & I had to use all 3 of my batteries for my rural route! Wtf...

First battery charged, installed in powerpad before I left the terminal at 1100

IMG_20170711_213730.jpg

Wtf! 1440 rolls by , get the prompt to switch batteries. Knock out 2 more stops, tap red power button to do a "safe battery swap" didn't hard-boot, whew.

IMG_20170711_213618.jpg

1910 rolls by and battery #2 is about to die...
patrickstar.jpg

Geezus, I had to pull my hidden 3rd battery to finish my day at 2100.

I never used this many batteries before the dang GPS tracker was enabled, even during peak...

Is there a way to disable this so it won't suck the life out of my batteries?!?

I have a year in my current route and have less than 5 disputes or DFUs for that whole time. So management should not be tracking me every day since I already have area knowledge.

Don't like the fatter batteries since it won't fit in my holster & the early birds swipe them from the charging dock

I'm gonna hunt down a charger that I can plug in to my package car as well or ask my BA/ BC for one.

What say thee, fellow eggplants?

MAKAVELI

Soo, it wasn't this bad last summer, & I had to use all 3 of my batteries for my rural route! Wtf...

View attachment 145063

Wtf! 1440 rolls by , get the prompt to switch batteries. Knock out 2 more stops, tap red power button to do a "safe battery swap" didn't hard-boot, whew.

View attachment 145065

patrickstar.jpg

I never used this many batteries before the dang GPS tracker was enabled, even during peak...

I have a year in my current route and have less than 5 disputes or DFUs for that whole time. So management should not be tracking me every day since I already have area knowledge.

Don't like the fatter batteries since it won't fit in my holster & the early birds swipe them from the charging dock

I'm gonna hunt down a charger that I can plug in to my package car as well or ask my BA/ BC for one.

It's not about making sure you have area knowledge. They use the GPS primarily to track where packages are scanned and POD. They do this at Express as well and I don't think you can turn it off.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 145063

View attachment 145065

patrickstar.jpg

Damn--it even tells you how many stops & packages you have left to deliver. You sure have it easy now days.

OrioN

IMG_20170712_205025.jpg

Well, maybe I got a bad set of batteries. I only used 2 today...

I asked my ba/bc today, but nope.

Oh wellz, guess they'll be manually entering the DR points and processing the signatures by hand if multiple drivers on this terminal will have this problem upcoming peak!

STFXG

Have them check the number of charge cycles on the bad batteries. They should be getting junked at a certain number of charges. Can't remember how many though.

OrioN

Hmm, I can check the battery myself... just double tap on the battery icon on the bottom left screen & shazam!

IMG_20170713_224240.jpg

Even though this is a relatively new battery, it died out after about 60 boxes scans... by 1700 blech.

On to the next battery... after another 65 more scans
IMG_20170713_224335.jpg

What_is_Sparta.gif

Good thing I close out my day before it froze like that...

CJinx

The standard batteries are supposed to be good for 280 charges, then they should be recycled. The GPS does eat batteries and it can only be disabled on the back end; can't do it from the delivery GUI.

Star B

White Lightening
you may also be eating batteries if your cell service is bad... like you had thunderstorms or ternaders that knocked out a tower or two and it's causing the powerpad to search for more signal.

SmithBarney

Get your manager or route owner or whoever is in charge to get you a vehicle charger
Motorola makes them they cost about the same as a new battery. Also there are higher capacity batteries available... good luck finding them, but they exist.

OrioN

you may also be eating batteries if your cell service is bad... like you had thunderstorms or ternaders that knocked out a tower or two and it's causing the powerpad to search for more signal.
Yeah, I recently acquired a rural route... but the drain wasn't this bad last summer. Today I did that battery check trick to make sure I have fairly young batteries

IMG_20170714_211133.jpg

3 of them are under the 50 charge cycle so they're fairly new...

IMG_20170714_211417.jpg

Blah, maybe the heat also has something to do with it, or the management at the ivory tower is looking at my route on real time more than I want.

No aid from this terminal when it comes to charger request... yeah, I know the fatter batteries are out there, but I am one of the later ones to roll in he AM. I guess it's gonna be a fun peak if I decide not to transfer

Last edited: