BBC Documentary: The Mormon Candidate

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
People would rather not know. Facts scare some people, blind allegiance is so much easier.

Lying for the Lord.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Religion is for those who cannot think for themselves, and Romney is the perfect candidate for those people.
Totally disagree. I did not watch the hour long video, as I wa baptized into the Mormon religion in my early 30s. I love everything about the church, the only one I spent time with as a young adult.
I did not like that I could not have coffee. Or birth control. Or caffeine. Ilived on all of those. Or that the missionaries would come to visit. Usually when I was getting off the preload, laying in the back yard in a bikini, drinking a beer. But there was no poligamy. There was family home evening, every Monday, you would spend time with the family, and the church, liked that. The women would show you how to can, freeze, and cook in bulk. I learned alot. And always always have a years supply of food and water, who woulda thunk.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Totally disagree. I did not watch the hour long video, as I wa baptized into the Mormon religion in my early 30s. I love everything about the church, the only one I spent time with as a young adult.
I did not like that I could not have coffee. Or birth control. Or caffeine. Ilived on all of those. Or that the missionaries would come to visit. Usually when I was getting off the preload, laying in the back yard in a bikini, drinking a beer. But there was no poligamy. There was family home evening, every Monday, you would spend time with the family, and the church, liked that. The women would show you how to can, freeze, and cook in bulk. I learned alot. And always always have a years supply of food and water, who woulda thunk.

So you're out now, or are you a Jack Mormon?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My daughter's best friend throughout junior high/high school was a member of the LDS church.

This girl was quite literally a genius. A prodigy. Straight "A's" in all her classes. By all rights she could have gone on to college and gotten a Master's in physics or biochemistry, or gone to medical school and become a doctor and invented a cure for cancer.

Last I heard, she was a married 23 yr old staying at home with her 2 kids and a 3rd one on the way.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but she could have been so much more.

I have never been a big fan of religions (and the LDS is certainly not alone in this regard) that denigrate women to the role of mere breeding stock while the men hold all positions of power and influence as a matter of official church dogma.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just one comment....some people believe that raising kids is the way to go.
To them its' the most important job ever.

It would be different if she was locked in and forced to.

Some women become nuns in other religions......there are some brilliant women there too.....none interested in being a high paid anything. Some people only look for the path that most serves the Lord.

If you don't understand it or I don't understand it, that doesn't make it a waste.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I find it amazing and quite telling that people admit to not watching a well made BBC documentary about the beliefs of a man running for President is not worth an hour of their time.

The man has been running for President for a decade and no one knows much about him. His business practices leave a bit to be desired, his governorship is not something he's campaigning on, he relied on a huge gov't bailout for 'his' Olympics, but never mentions that. His father's parents relied on welfare when they 'escaped' from Mexico when his father was a child, and he never mentions that his family took welfare when they needed it.

Where are the tax returns?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Maybe it's because he's the only white guy running.

And he deals from the bottom of the deck...your card sir:

raceee card.jpg

raceee card.jpg

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have never been a big fan of religions (and the LDS is certainly not alone in this regard) that denigrate women to the role of mere breeding stock while the men hold all positions of power and influence as a matter of official church dogma.

I respect you....I really do. But you are way off base on your perspective of women in the LDS church. They are free to do whatever the choose. If they want a career, they can have that. If they want to start a family, they can do that. It is called free agency. There are always choices.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I respect you....I really do. But you are way off base on your perspective of women in the LDS church. They are free to do whatever the choose. If they want a career, they can have that. If they want to start a family, they can do that. It is called free agency. There are always choices.

Hmmm. I've heard otherwise. They're free to do whatever they choose, as long as a man chooses for them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why is everyone so interested in his tax returns ?
bhos has already reviewed them and is too ashamed to admit it.
All those charitable donations he has made while bhos returns shows none .
If the rich get taxed even more, then who will be donating to all the fashionable charities , certainly not bhos.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why is everyone so interested in his tax returns ?
bhos has already reviewed them and is too ashamed to admit it.
All those charitable donations he has made while bhos returns shows none .
If the rich get taxed even more, then who will be donating to all the fashionable charities , certainly not bhos.

I want the long form tax returns. If there's nothing to hide, release them, right? There's a lot he wants to stay hidden until after the election. Wonder why?