BBC Documentary: The Mormon Candidate

texan

I agree sort of. But we have two choices now.

So I will not get into what is best by faith, but what is best for us, the US at this time in out history and future.

It is time for change and not a colorful bumper sticker and slogan that said
change, and failed at that for the last 4 years.

"When someone does not do their job, we have to let them go"

wkmac

I found this piece from Brigham Young University Religious Studies Center on comparing Mormonism and Islam quite interesting. I went searching to try and confirm a quote (found the above link doing so) attributed to Joseph Smith where on October 14, 1838' he's alleged to have said,

We will establish our religion by the sword. We will trample down our enemies and make it one gore of blood from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. I will be to this generation a second Mohamed whose motto in treating for peace was the Quran or the Sword. So shall it be with us.

Jon Krakauer in his book "Under the Banner of Heaven" page 102 does assert these words to Smith but in a larger quote in context I take Smith's comments from a position of self defense and as last resort after peaceful means of judicial and civil redressed had been all but exhausted.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I found this piece from Brigham Young University Religious Studies Center on comparing Mormonism and Islam quite interesting. I went searching to try and confirm a quote (found the above link doing so) attributed to Joseph Smith where on October 14, 1838' he's alleged to have said,

Jon Krakauer in his book "Under the Banner of Heaven" page 102 does assert these words to Smith but in a larger quote in context I take Smith's comments from a position of self defense and as last resort after peaceful means of judicial and civil redressed had been all but exhausted.

Aaaacckk!! Muslims are Mormons and Mormons are Muslims!!! Head for the hills! Grab your guns! I knew Romney was secretly raised in Iran by the Shah and sent here to spread Islam throughout the US of A and mock Jesus. We need to see the birth certificate NOW.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The truth is being exposed to that silly :censored2: from babysitting for years and my own little kids....always the cartoons. It gets old and irritating. Listen to the music sometime....play it for 6 hours and see how much you like it.

I won't do westerns ever either........except Blazing Saddles.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
You didn't warn us that it was a damn cartoon. That's serious :censored2:!!! Refuse to watch anything in a cartoon.

Watch it, especially the last scene. From someone who posts cartoons all the time, I figured it was one way to actually keep your attention, rather than a scholarly article with footnotes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watch it, especially the last scene. From someone who posts cartoons all the time, I figured it was one way to actually keep your attention, rather than a scholarly article with footnotes.

I do political cartoon drawings, not cartoons. You would probably offer a whiskey sour to an alcoholic. I don't do cartoons, radio or Westerns....what don't you get??

If I looked at that, it would be like Tom Cruise walking out of a closet on that other show......I knew he was gay long before they made him a cartoon.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Cartoons as a news source? Who said that?

Here's his speech, in it's entirety:
The Peculiarity of South Park’s Mormons Irresistible (Dis)Grace

Gary’s final speech (and his most edgiest [especially in terms of language], in South Park fashion) really ties the bow of the NOMishness of the South Park Mormons:
Look, maybe us Mormons do believe in crazy stories that make absolutely no sense, and maybe Joseph Smith did make it all up, but I have a great life. and a great family, and I have the Book of Mormon to thank for that. The truth is, I don’t care if Joseph Smith made it all up, because what the church teaches now is loving your family, being nice and helping people. And even though people in this town might think that’s stupid, I still choose to believe in it. All I ever did was try to be your friend, Stan, but you’re so high and mighty you couldn’t look past my religion and just be my friend back. You’ve got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls.