Bc back@sswards

fethrs

Is it me and the mac or what? The bc forum and whos in chat that used to be on the left are now on the right. I've only had 2 beers so I know it's not me. Anyone else see it this way?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Is it me and the mac or what? The bc forum and whos in chat that used to be on the left are now on the right. I've only had 2 beers so I know it's not me. Anyone else see it this way?
It is backwards. I think Cheryls been playing again. LOL

fethrs

...neither do beers and employment.:happy2:

(When you serve up a volleyball expect it to get spiked.)

It's almost expected of me to call in on Mondays during football season, and I will not get in trouble for it, after all, they are trying to save hours....so CHEERS Upstate this one is for you.:peaceful:

That's the good thing about not being a driver.
It's good to be me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I closed my browser and even rebooted my computer, it made no difference. It is STILL backwards. :dissapointed:
No, dilli, you have to shut down and turn your puter around 3 times, and then it will be back to normal when you start up.:happy2:
Is it just my computer or has the home page layout been reversed?
Kind of a mirror image with a few options missing.
Like the ability to go the last post on a particular thread.
If it's not a glitch in my computer, my two cents would be that I don't like it.:dissapointed:
Just look at your monitor through a mirror and you'll be fine.:wink2:

...neither do beers and employment.:happy2:

(When you serve up a volleyball expect it to get spiked.)
How about beers and the Jets? Volleyballs ain't the only things getting spiked, or even spanked, for that matter, around here today.......LOL:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No, dilli, you have to shut down and turn your puter around 3 times, and then it will be back to normal when you start up.:happy2:
:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:
How about beers and the Jets? Volleyballs ain't the only things getting spiked, or even spanked, around here today.......LOL:surprised:
That was a GREAT game!!!!!!!! :happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Yep, the menus are on the right now based upon some info I heard while listening to Leo Leport today. I'm having a hard time getting used to it...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The info is that if the consultant that is pushing this idea can convince all the Internet Gurus to do this, he/she will became a multi-millionaire and companies will spend hundreds of millions of dollars to change their websites so that nav will be on the right side.
The use of the term C-clamp will be obsolete and be replaced with Right-bracket.

I actually like it better.
Should be better on an i-phone or Blackberry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's almost expected of me to call in on Mondays during football season, and I will not get in trouble for it, after all, they are trying to save hours....so CHEERS Upstate this one is for you.:peaceful:

That's the good thing about not being a driver.
It's good to be me.

My quote was directed to our unemployed Canadian friend. Last I heard he was heading to moreluck's house for dinner.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Some search engines only index the first 1500 characters of the source code of a web page. The first source code of all of the pages of this site were the left column navigation menus and ads so they weren't being fully indexed.

If I understood him correctly it's supposed to be better to put repetitive functions, like navigation menus and ads, on the other side...

Hoax has a good point too, it works better on small screens like phones.

Leo LePort is a tech talk show host I like to listen to. He talks about computers, home theater, photography, cellphones... anything with a chip in it. I've learned some really interesting stuff from him.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Some search engines only index the first 1500 characters of the source code of a web page. The first source code of all of the pages of this site were the left column navigation menus and ads so they weren't being fully indexed.

If I understood him correctly it's supposed to be better to put repetitive functions, like navigation menus and ads, on the other side...
Congratulations on your official 2000th post, Cheryl. I would have started a thread when I saw you getting close, but I know you're shy and elusive, so I decided to just give you your props right here.:happy2:

What the heck is this?! Bizzaro world? Hoax has been banned for cursing,Tie is a Teamster BA,and Klein has made Moreluck`s friends list!
Put it back,Put it back!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That's why it is important to put your metadata in the header info to facilitate search-engine optimization
This is very important for heavy static content sites but gets trickier with dynamically generated pages.
Never thought about the difference between a site like BC and UPS.com.