BCS Championship game

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is a "thank you" to the idiots who decided that the biggest sporting event in Oregon history should be played at 5:30 PM on a Monday night.:angry:

Really? That was the only freakin time you could possibly have scheduled the most important football game that the Oregon Ducks have ever played in?

God forbid you should schedule it on, say, a freaking weekend so that those of us who actually have to work on Mondays might actually get to watch the damn game.

Whoever made this decision needs to be castrated so that our nation's gene pool can be protected from his idiot spawn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sober, 5:30 pm Pacific time is 8:30 pm Eastern, which means most of us on the east coast will have to stay up until 11:30 or later to watch the whole game. I will probably watch the first half and then watch SportsCenter Tuesday morning for the highlights.

I would have to think that the game was scheduled so as not to compete with the NFL Wild Card games.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is a "thank you" to the idiots who decided that the biggest sporting event in Oregon history should be played at 5:30 PM on a Monday night.:angry:

Really? That was the only freakin time you could possibly have scheduled the most important football game that the Oregon Ducks have ever played in?

God forbid you should schedule it on, say, a freaking weekend so that those of us who actually have to work on Mondays might actually get to watch the damn game.

Whoever made this decision needs to be castrated so that our nation's gene pool can be protected from his idiot spawn.

Your nemesis strikes again ... I think it was some idiot sitting in a cubicle in Corporate crunching numbers that came up with this.

soberups

hummmmmm,vacation day anyone????

We had about 17 people put in for an optional holiday tomorrow ( me included), and only 2 of them got it (me not included).

The center is going to get bombarded tomorrow morning with requests off and people calling in sick. I too will call in, my request will be denied, and I will be working since I refuse to lie about being sick. I am planning on bringing a radio and Bungee cording it to the dash so that I can at least listen to the game while I work. Hopefully, I will get off work in time to at least see the second half.

They ought to just declare tomorrow a holiday for the entire state. There was an article in the paper about how scheduled events such as school board meetings, club meetings, Boy Scout meetings etc. are all being postponed on account of the game. I think it is incredibly stupid to schedule a national championship game on a Monday night, since a majority of viewres nationwide will either miss the first part of the game if they live on the West Coast, or miss the end of the game if they live on the East Coast and have to go to bed early for work the next day.

As far as the game not being played on a Saturday in order to avoid conflicting with an NFL wild-card game....they should play the NFL game on a Monday night since it is just a playoff game.

soberups

Take a day off for a game that starts at 5:30 pm and will be over by 5:35 pm?(Cam Newton will be feasting on roast duck)

Seriously, record the game, tell your pickup customers you don't want to know the score, and watch it at your convenience.

(a) My new route doesnt have any pickups :happy-very:, and even if it did they would all be closed by game time.

(b) Cam Newton may be a great player, but the Auburn defense will be sucking wind and faking injuries in a futile attempt to slow down LaMichael James and the fast paced Duck offense.

ducks.jpg
ducks.jpg

browndevil

I know Sober, it's one of the benefits/disadvantages of living on the coast. As far as calling sick and lying. Why can't you just call in and say you aren't feeling up to par and can't give it your 100%? You can look back on your deathbed as the the day you watched the BCS championships. As far as lying, my mgmt team lied to me and a few other senior drivers by giving multiple days off to less senority drivers Christmas/New Years Week. So I don't care anymore and GO DUCKS!

soberups

I know Sober, it's one of the benefits/disadvantages of living on the coast. As far as calling sick and lying. Why can't you just call in and say you aren't feeling up to par and can't give it your 100%? You can look back on your deathbed as the the day you watched the BCS championships. As far as lying, my mgmt team lied to me and a few other senior drivers by giving multiple days off to less senority drivers Christmas/New Years Week. So I don't care anymore and GO DUCKS!

I would rather look back on my deathbed and know that I was an honest person. My integrity is worth more to me than any football game. And it isnt just management who suffers when people fraudulently call in sick; the honest guys who do show up for work have to carry the extra load for those who dont. And aside from all of that, the superstitious part of me doesnt want to jinx the game by faking a sick call. I have my DVR programmed to record the game, so unless I get completely slammed I should be home by halftime and I can fast-forward thru all of the timeouts and commercials and catch up by the 4th quarter.

Go Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ducks.jpg
ducks.jpg

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Cam Newton...the best QB that money can buy.

I wonder if Auburn will get to keep that trophy once the NCAA is done investigating?

They made Lamichael James give back that Land Rover, didn't they?

What ever happened with his domestic violence arrest, btw? I know his gf recovered from the bruising around her neck and he made his $40,000 bail, but that was the last I heard.

U

uber

They made Lamichael James give back that Land Rover, didn't they?

What ever happened with his domestic violence arrest, btw? I know his gf recovered from the bruising around her neck and he made his $40,000 bail, but that was the last I heard.

What Landrover and bruising around the neck? Do you have a link to any of this? I didn't think so. Pure malarkey.

soberups

The Landrover deal was investigated by the NCAA and dropped. James borrowed the Land Rover from a friend while his own car was in the shop for repairs. The domestic violence allegations against him were also investigated and dropped.

It is worth noting that several other members of the Duck football team, including star QB Jeremiah Masoli, were ultimately kicked off of the team for legal issues or violating team rules last year. LeGarret Blount was suspended for almost the entire season last year after the game against Boise State when he punched an opposing layer. Oregon coach Chip Kelly is known as a strict disciplinarian and he wont hesitate to hold his players acountable.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
The Landrover deal was investigated by the NCAA and dropped. James borrowed the Land Rover from a friend while his own car was in the shop for repairs. The domestic violence allegations against him were also investigated and dropped.

It is worth noting that several other members of the Duck football team, including star QB Jeremiah Masoli, were ultimately kicked off of the team for legal issues or violating team rules last year. LeGarret Blount was suspended for almost the entire season last year after the game against Boise State when he punched an opposing layer. Oregon coach Chip Kelly is known as a strict disciplinarian and he wont hesitate to hold his players acountable.

You are mistaken on at least one point. Blount was brought back early from a season-long suspension.
Personally, I don't think he shoulda sat out 8 games.
The assault charges against James were dropped, and he only had to plead guilty to harassment.

From http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4989362

"Oregon running back LaMichael James was suspended for the season opener after pleading guilty early Friday to a misdemeanor harassment charge stemming from an altercation with his former girlfriend.

James entered his plea and was sentenced to 10 days in jail and 24 months of probation. He reported to jail on Friday afternoon but was quickly released and instead put on electronic surveillance for the duration of his sentence."

Lucky him. The other 4 charges were dropped.

From http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4990555

"Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was suspended Friday for the upcoming season by coach Chip Kelly after pleading guilty to second-degree burglary in the theft of a pair of laptops and a guitar from a campus fraternity.

Masoli, who had been mentioned as a potential Heisman candidate, will remain on scholarship with the Ducks.

"He does have a redshirt season available to him if he chooses to do that," Kelly said."

"Receiver Jamere Holland was dismissed from the team after posting vulgar comments and criticizing Kelly on the Facebook social networking site.

Kelly, who made his debut as a head coach last season, was questioned after he brought back running back LeGarrette Blount early from a season-long suspension."

Kelly's priorities are goofy. He dismissed Holland from the team for vulgar comments on the Internet, but suspended James for one game after he admitted he "harassed" his gf.
He offered to let Masoli red shirt instead of serve his suspension after he got a plea deal reducing his felony burglary charge to a misdemeanor.

Now if your ducks had won i would not bring up their dirt in response to you celebrating that win.

War Eagle. Cheers to Oregon AND Mr. James for their successes. He's traveled a hard road and I hope he uses what he's learned to make the world a little better.