Beard/mustache/goatee

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I came here for the same reason: to find out if the policy changed. I've been driving for 14 years and would love a little stubble. My manager swears up and down that the policy hasn't changed but I think UPS is just trying to minimize the damage.

You would know if the policy changed if your next PCM looked like a Duck Dynasty reunion.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
McFelley is right. I'm not complaining. Once they changed the policy and allowed us to have a beard (mustaches were always ok), I grew mine out. Now I want to grow it to 2" long. If the policy says it can only be 1", then so be it, I stop at 1". This particular manager was my manager for 8 years and we never butted heads abut anything. Now I switched work groups (to get a particular route), he challenges me on everything. I asked to see the policy....still haven't. And no, it's not my job to go see what it says. He told me what it is. I just want to see it in writing.

I see this thread has gone the same way every thread goes. Ask a question and 33 responses later........lots of bitching and moaning, but still no solid answer.

I want a ZZ Top beard with purple and orange beads woven into it that match my tattoos, nose ring, and hoop earrings that have a model FedEx plane dangling from them.

In other words, I want to be just like a Ground driver.

The problem is the archaic thinkig of UPS. I love this company, but IMO, these outdated rules really just express the companys inability to accept, embrace and move forward with change. All upsers, management and non-management, need to get with the changing economy, market place and society or we're headed for some rough times.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The problem is the archaic thinkig of UPS. I love this company, but IMO, these outdated rules really just express the companys inability to accept, embrace and move forward with change. All upsers, management and non-management, need to get with the changing economy, market place and society or we're headed for some rough times.
You do know this is almost a year old FedEx discussion right? Secondly, how is facial hair related to the economy and marketplace?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I do agree that the archaic policy regarding facial policy needs to be updated, I fail to see where it impacts our changing economy, market place or society or how failure to change the policy would mean that we are headed for some rough times.

You do know this is almost a year old FedEx discussion right? Secondly, how is facial hair related to the economy and marketplace?
Oh come on, read the comment. It was about UPS's conservative, old fashioned, stubborn views on business and how it correlates to their unwillingness to change or except change. This attitude and mindset can be seen in all aspects of the business. The comment was more about the demeanor and approach UPS uses in regards to running our business then it was about a single policy.

Last edited: