Beards and braids?

quad decade guy

We really have changed in the appearance aspect. We have lots of low time to off the

street hires in our feeder dept. Braids down to his mid-back and a full beard. Looks

more like an NFL player. I still try to avoid mgt. when I don't shave every day.

But hey, if this guy can do it-why not me? Religious or not. I really could care less about

this issue-given how truly trashy, run down, junky and deplorable our facilities and

equipment have become. And of course tats.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
6CF6EC5E-F45B-4E9D-9CF9-497E5D687CEC.jpeg
"Mom! Joey's Mom is letting him jump off the roof. Can I do it too?"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We really have changed in the appearance aspect. We have lots of low time to off the

street hires in our feeder dept. Braids down to his mid-back and a full beard. Looks

more like an NFL player. I still try to avoid mgt. when I don't shave every day.

But hey, if this guy can do it-why not me? Religious or not. I really could care less about

this issue-given how truly trashy, run down, junky and deplorable our facilities and

equipment have become. And of course tats.
This is what happens when unemployment is low and ups has trouble filling open positions.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have a lot of guys growing almost beards. Me, I can't go past 4 days before I can't take it. I can feel it growing. They tried to do the appearance bull:censored2:. But there is nothing They can do this time of yr. January they will become able to control the ranks again

OKLABob

Sounds like people just need to worry about themselves who cares if others have beards or tattoos who really gives a crap. Fed ex guys driving with there hats on backwards in gym shorts do you see people refusing service from these people? The appearance standard at ups is a joke and the only people who disagree is the people who have been forced to follow the rules for 30 years. Who really gives a :censored2:.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
This is what happens when unemployment is low and ups has trouble filling open positions.
This what happens when pride, tradition, and give me a check for the little work I do goes down the ups tubes. Old school is gone and obviously our customers are not offended or scared of that janky gang member look.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It really has little to do with public image, it is all about asserting control and dominance over someone. Esp. from management's POV. In theory, the more ways they can own you and manipulate you, the weaker you should/ will feel in the relationship and the more they can push you around in other ways. They could honestly care less what customers think of their drivers hair color.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
It really has little to do with public image, it is all about asserting control and dominance over someone. Esp. from management's POV. In theory, the more ways they can own you and manipulate you, the weaker you should/ will feel in the relationship and the more they can push you around in other ways. They could honestly care less what customers think of their drivers hair color.
They only care about stock prices and how we can cut the drivers time allowance