beat this

sealbasher

i haven been on here for a while,but im 20 years with ups,in the last 2 months ive been fired once and suspended 4 times for busting 12 hours lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i haven been on here for a while,but im 20 years with ups,in the last 2 months ive been fired once and suspended 4 times for busting 12 hours lol
At least you can laugh at it. And just exactly whos fault is going over 12. Does it have anything to do with dispatch?? HMMMM just wondering. I think I went over once, and no one said a word. I thought I should come in, but they told me, be here by 945, and you better be cleaned up.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They always send us a message everyday telling us to be back by 8:45, twelve hours after Start Time. And they wonder why we have so many accidents and injuries?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
They always send us a message everyday telling us to be back by 8:45, twelve hours after Start Time. And they wonder why we have so many accidents and injuries?

If they wonder why working 10 plus hour days, day after day, month after month, might lead to more accidents and injuries then they are idiots.

They don't wonder, what they do is not care one bit.

If you get into an accident it will be your fault, you did not follow the methods.

If you get hurt the same thing.

It has been said and I will say it again all they care about is the numbers on a piece of paper each morning.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I used to worry about it. They pushed the 12 hour part, I brought back packages as missed, they focused on missed, I was over 12 again. After a while, things got better, as they began to realize that I am not God.

d

Re-Raise

He 's from Canada. Twelve hours up there is like seven hours here. I think it has something to do with the metric system:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BM, I have been on the clock delivering many times in the past, far past 12 hours. Longest delivery day was started at 8:45 AM, and got back to building at 4:15AM. Latest christmas eve was 9AM to 12:30AM. Center and delivery sup had to wait until the last driver was back. They were not happy.

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
BM, I have been on the clock delivering many times in the past, far past 12 hours. Longest delivery day was started at 8:45 AM, and got back to building at 4:15AM. Latest christmas eve was 9AM to 12:30AM. Center and delivery sup had to wait until the last driver was back. They were not happy.

d

Can't imagine that ever happening here.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

d

I just dont buy this either, the lastest we had any driver out was midnight.

He was looking at about 10 which is very late, then he broke down the mechinic was already dealing with another breakdown. They finally had a sup comeback in and drive out to get him.

He punched out at like 1140ish.

TheKid

d
BS

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
AH yes, so many claim BS.

Really simple. Got back to the center that night at 8ish, wife already at center waiting to pick me up for an anniversary celebration with her folks. As I was the Jr driver at the time, I had to go cover a pickup almost an hour from the building. Somehow the information was called into the building, but never forwarded to the dispatch sup.

So I went. Hawkins Co Press. I tried to hurry, but to no avail. If I remember correctly, it was almost 5,000 packages that were left behind. The last 150 or so had to fit into the cab, as the rear of the package car was maxed out.

Funny thing about those old 8's, when they are that full, max speed in the mountains going uphill is second if you are lucky, first mostly.

The midnight shift had already gone, only one left was the sup. They were a little steamed as I missed the sorts, but hey, I did call three times while I was waiting for them to bring another pallet of packages. I can tell you the exact date it happened as well, because I still have the warning letter.

So, cry BS all you want, and there were several times I have been out past 11:30-12 delivering. Thats what happens when they tell you to dont have any missed and be clean before you get back. Also, most happened before the 90's.

d

bumped

This was way before my time....but, the story goes in my center is this.

A newbie went out with his package car, and was told by a sup not to bring anything back. Well, he delivered everything and then proceeded to deliver his pickups. Two days later, and 3 states away, he calls and says he is out money. He used the cash from his COD's to pay for gas as he was delivering all of his pickup pieces.

I don't know if I really believe it, but its a fun story.

Hey, work as directed.

Re-Raise

This was way before my time....but, the story goes in my center is this.

A newbie went out with his package car, and was told by a sup not to bring anything back. Well, he delivered everything and then proceeded to deliver his pickups. Two days later, and 3 states away, he calls and says he is out money. He used the cash from his COD's to pay for gas as he was delivering all of his pickup pieces.

I don't know if I really believe it, but its a fun story.

Hey, work as directed.

That is a great story. I will tell that one first thing Monday morning.