Become a shifter from a feeder driver

jaker

trolling
Yes. No. Maybe. It depends. Ask Stewart. No one here knows which center you work in and how things are done there. It's different everywhere.
I get that it is different across the country , but I want to know if it is even possible anywhere . If I cared just about my local then I would have said that

over9five

Staff member
is it possible to change to a shifter if you are a feeder driver now
HERE, if your job gets changed, modified, cut, whatever, we can bump wherever our seniority allows.
OR, if a shifter job opens, or changes in any way, you can bid on it.
So the answer HERE is "yes".

jaker

trolling
HERE, if your job gets changed, modified, cut, whatever, we can bump wherever our seniority allows.
OR, if a shifter job opens, or changes in any way, you can bid on it.
So the answer HERE is "yes".
Do you ever have guys switch to shifter from feeder

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
But your shifters are actual feeder drivers???
Yes and no. We have feeder jobs that shift as part of their schedule and we also have fulltime 22.2 shifters who only shift and never go on the road.. The job I was talking about is a 22.2 shifting job.

Johney

Two of ours are P/T(am)and one is friend/T(22.3)but only shifts for 6 hours then washes cars for 2. So we could change to the pm if it came up for bid.

CoolStoryBro

And it's steward not Stewart

Well, since you wanted to know how it's done all over the place.

We have a guy named "Stewart." He is very knowledgeable in UPS union issues. He is not the official "steward." He is just a helpful guy who likes to talk with newbies.

COOL STORY BRO