Becoming A driver

I think they are called feeders here, but Ive been with UPS around two years, an I just got my CDL class A, how difficult will it be for me to to driver the 18 wheelers?

Butters243

I know that Ups wants semi drivers to have 3-5 years accident/ ticket free driving to be hired off the street. I'm not saying it can't be done, but your training and testing for feeders may be difficult for someone with no experience. I remember starting out as an OTR driver for other companies , making mistakes but gaining experience. Looking back I realize it was necessary to go through that before working here. Ups wants the best and expects the best. Good luck.

UPSGUY72

I think they are called feeders here, but Ive been with UPS around two years, an I just got my CDL class A, how difficult will it be for me to to driver the 18 wheelers?

Everything depends on your location. But like becoming a package car driver in goes by seniority. In my area it about a 20 year wait if not more.

You been with UPS for 2 year and THINK they are called feeders. You do understand that the DOT does random drug test without any warning....