Becoming a driver

Softconcrete

Hi, I signed a FT driving sheet about a month and a half ago. Took the road test yesterday and passed. Went over info with HR and she told me I would have to go to upsjobs.com and fill out a new app. On the app it asks about driving violations. About 4-5 months ago I was ticketed for a brake light being out. After asking/researching I found that it is considered a nonmoving violation. Do I need to put this on the app still? Will they pull my record and verify or if they gave me a road test have they already checked me out? I don't want to do anything to hurt my chances. Thanks

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just put the light thing down, not a big deal... As long as you can kinda drive a stick, have at least 8 fingers and can talk to customers in broken English you will get your shot... They will be needing drivers and they will take what they can get... Don't sweat it, you will be fine... No matter what happens,no matter what...just keep grabbing that hand rail...

Indecisi0n

Pay attention to the wording. If it asks about "tickets" list all your tickets. If it asks for "moving violations" then supply just that.

Softconcrete

The box says: List all traffic violations, other than parking, for which you have been convicted. Since it's a nonmoving it shouldn't be an issue I hope. I have a speeding ticket back in 2010 but I dount they'll look into that. This was my first incident in 7 years.

davidix

Put the thing down they don't give a damn about that. It's like less than 3 tickets in the last 3 years or something.