Becoming a driver

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I got it. Thanks. Ask a question and some people want to be a smartass. I work in a hub. Just trying to get info. Thanks.
We’re just trying to let you know UPS does not care if you have other stuff to do. Once you become a driver it’s even worse.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I'm looking at becoming a driver. I already have my DoT exam scheduled. They are expecting me to have the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary verbatim by the first week of March. Do they truly expect us to have it ALL memorized word for word that quick?
YOUR in the prime time of UPS and the most confusing time knowing that Amazon will have the last smile but get what you get now will make only a difference on you it's about your luck.

Last edited:

clean hairy

Op got on here and got answer to the question.
Instead of debating the answer, could have moved on
And started learning the 5 and 10.....
Along with the safe work methods
Strains
Slips and falls
Falling, fixed objects
Emergencies
End of day

a911scanner

Try to memorize before you start class. Memorize 5's & 10"s word for word by the end of Integrad. They will test you on this every day in class. If you fail too often or fail other aspects of the class, you will be fired from the class.

I have a terrible time memorizing. I came home after class every day (local training, not Integrad) and wrote down the 5's & 10's, Rules of backing, etc. 2-3 times a night for a week. By Friday, I scored 98% on memorizing everything (WORD for WORD). Good enough to pass.

Almost 6 years later, still driving. Now the ORS's ask me to do the Ketter audits so they get a better score. Whatever, I do it so I get more time towards being over 9.5 for the day.

21Savage

Op I'll answer your question without being a wise guy. I'm new myself, started driving seasonal in November and been driving ever since.

As it's already been said, yes you have to know the 5's and 10's. 5's verbatim and 10's the main points verbatim and a description of each one. At least that's how it was for me at my Integrad.

It took me like 3 days to get it down but that was at Integrad and literally thinking about nothing else except memorizing that.

Are they not sending you to Integrad and just expecting you to walk into the building and have that memorized? That sounds kind of weird but if that's the case I can see how that could be hard if you're still working another job in the meantime.

Wheeler

"King"
Op I'll answer your question without being a wise guy. I'm new myself, started driving seasonal in November and been driving ever since.

As it's already been said, yes you have to know the 5's and 10's. 5's verbatim and 10's the main points verbatim and a description of each one. At least that's how it was for me at my Integrad.

It took me like 3 days to get it down but that was at Integrad and literally thinking about nothing else except memorizing that.

Are they not sending you to Integrad and just expecting you to walk into the building and have that memorized? That sounds kind of weird but if that's the case I can see how that could be hard if you're still working another job in the meantime.
I had to know it all verbatim before I went to integrad

35years

Gravy route
We had 10 in our class...No Integrad back then.

An actual drill Sargent ran the class.

No one allowed to go home until everyone could recite the memorization materials for that day....8 a.m. till 10 p.m. the first day.

The guys who struggled felt the pressure from the rest.

I hope and pray it is not like that anymore.

I would have loved to have the materials available beforehand.

I'm looking at becoming a driver. I already have my DoT exam scheduled. They are expecting me to have the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary verbatim by the first week of March. Do they truly expect us to have it ALL memorized word for word that quick?

Hell i studied it within a week. All depends on how bad you want it

Upsguy21

I was given the dok on Friday and went to class that Monday. I was expected to have it memorized verbatim. It’s all about how bad you want it. They tell you 100% but by Wednesday they will let you know all that is required is 95% to pass.