Becoming a driver

RyanfrmTN

I'm looking at becoming a driver. I already have my DoT exam scheduled. They are expecting me to have the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary verbatim by the first week of March. Do they truly expect us to have it ALL memorized word for word that quick?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm looking at becoming a driver. I already have my DoT exam scheduled. They are expecting me to have the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary verbatim by the first week of March. Do they truly expect us to have it ALL memorized word for word that quick?
Boy are you in for a surprise.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
That quick? Its 2 weeks.

GenericUsername

Two weeks? I was given the interview on a Thursday, told class started on the following Monday and to have the stuff memorized...all while having a 3 week old at home. Two weeks would have been a lifetime in the situation I was in.

Siveriano

Went i went to training they told us you have to memorize it word by word, couple of guys messed up and didnt make it out of class, plus the actual test date noone got to go home until everyone tried and pass/fail.
Class of 22 still waiting at 1930 hours for 3 guys to give it a go.

Wheeler

"King"
I had 2 days and I did it and was working preload at the time just buckle down and you can do it

Dough99

14C4C2EF-EC79-4F64-BC40-5736E35841F5.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You must be a driver.

C'mon, man. Management told you to learn the stuff. And you come on here asking if you really do have to learn the stuff.
That's why they're roughing you up a bit.

You should toughen up a bit, and stick around. Some of these old geezers do have valuable info if you're willing to listen.

35years

Gravy route
He has two choices.

Buckle down, lose the attitude and memorize the crap
OR
Keep living in mom's basement, smoking weed and complaining that it's too hard.

If he thinks we are being ruff, he will never make it.

We are trying to clue him in that it is going to get real very soon.

It is no picnic for the first few months.
Weed out the slackers.