Becoming a full time driver after 40

CGR

i have made 3 attempts to become a full time driver and I have been with ups for 10 years. I feel like I keep hitting stumbling blocks that are unfair. I was told by some others it's due to my age. Did anyone else experience the unwritten rule of no promoting of drivers within due to age????

Turdferguson

Just a turd
i have made 3 attempts to become a full time driver and I have been with ups for 10 years. I feel like I keep hitting stumbling blocks that are unfair. I was told by some others it's due to my age. Did anyone else experience the unwritten rule of no promoting of drivers within due to age????

What have you been DQ'd for in the past?

CGR

One time said I was not making numbers but they were having me help other drivers filed grievance and I won and was returned they didn't work me enough days before peak. Promised I would make after peak during peak forgot to scan a package so they sent me back

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
keep trying. we have had several people become drivers after age 40. we had one driver take 3 tries and one took 5 tries. it will be worth it to you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No but 3 attempts and you're done here. That's all of the chances you get.

JL 0513

If you don't have any other worthwhile prospects and you are going to stay with UPS regardless, keep trying. $35/hr is very hard to find without an advanced degree. Although it now takes 4 years to reach that.

If you feel you still have years of physical ability left too. If you have weak links in your body (back injuries, etc..) then it may not be worth just starting now.

542thruNthru

No but 3 attempts and you're done here. That's all of the chances you get.

Wow I wish we had that rule here. We have a girl at our building that has tried 5 times and has failed everytime. She is up to try again this year. Also had a few that failed 3 time and got it on their 4th. It's ridiculous that people that can do the job have to wait even longer for these people to fail again.

Orion inc.

I like turtles