Been fired ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, as a package driver for 15months, working hard, 3 out of 5 days, no time for lunchbreaks (without having misses), I went to a restaurant/lounge after my truck was parked and unloaded in the depot, and my turn and cash-in was done.(to spend my lunchbreak).
Yes, I had 1 beer. Manager came inside, told me to leave, and her and a supervisor drove me back to the depot .And I was fired !
That was 7weeks ago. I finally received my outstanding vacation pay yesterday. And I'm still waiting for my Record of Employment (so , I can collect Unemployment Insurance). Usually , by law, that should have been issued to me within a week ! I went to UPS yesterday to finally retrieve it, after they promised they would give it to me, after I return my uniforms, which I done.
But, nope, still wasn't available. Got told they'll send it by mail.
So, I stopped at the Bosten Pizza (restaurant/lounge) on my way home. Just to talk to the Bartender (and have a beer), and tell him I was fired for that incident. And then the incredible happens!!! : He wouldn't serve me. Told me UPS tore that place apart. Even telling him I been fired 7weeks ago, I still couldn't get served.
So, thats how they treat you once being fired !
And needless to say, without that pinkslip, I'm still not able to collect Unemployment funds.
Honestly, I should have just taken my lunch during my run, regardless of having misses !
Thats how they treat us here in Edmonton, Canada !

UPDATE:
Received my pinkslip this week, will probably lose 2 weeks of Employment benefits. But seriously thinking taking UPS to small claims court.
also, I think a good explaination, why I probably have been fired, is that 3 steady runs, have already been cut (meaning 3 people showing up for work in the morning, not really knowing what to do for the day), plus ofcourse the subsitute drivers we have.
Yes, the recession hit here, too. And UPS takes Pride of not having layoffs in bad times (compared to Fedex), you probably all heard that in pcm's.

But, yes.. they have the "firing squad" out. 1 mistake your gone !

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Well, as a package driver for 15months, working hard, 3 out of 5 days, no time for lunchbreaks (without having misses), I went to a restaurant/lounge after my truck was parked and unloaded in the depot, and my turn and cash-in was done.(to spend my lunchbreak).
Yes, I had 1 beer. Manager came inside, told me to leave, and her and a supervisor drove me back to the depot .And I was fired !
That was 7weeks ago. I finally received my outstanding vacation pay yesterday. And I'm still waiting for my Record of Employment (so , I can collect Unemployment Insurance). Usually , by law, that should have been issued to me within a week ! I went to UPS yesterday to finally retrieve it, after they promised they would give it to me, after I return my uniforms, which I done.
But, nope, still wasn't available. Got told they'll send it by mail.
So, I stopped at the Bosten Pizza (restaurant/lounge) on my way home. Just to talk to the Bartender (and have a beer), and tell him I was fired for that incident. And then the incredible happens!!! : He wouldn't serve me. Told me UPS tore that place apart. Even telling him I been fired 7weeks ago, I still couldn't get served.
So, thats how they treat you once being fired !
And needless to say, without that pinkslip, I'm still not able to collect Unemployment funds.
Honestly, I should have just taken my lunch during my run, regardless of having misses !
Thats how they treat us here in Edmonton, Canada !
You can't be serious. You were drinking on the job and you're not willing to accept the blame?

UPDATE:
Received my pinkslip this week, will probably lose 2 weeks of Employment benefits. But seriously thinking taking UPS to small claims court.
also, I think a good explaination, why I probably have been fired, is that 3 steady runs, have already been cut (meaning 3 people showing up for work in the morning, not really knowing what to do for the day), plus ofcourse the subsitute drivers we have.
Yes, the recession hit here, too. And UPS takes Pride of not having layoffs in bad times (compared to Fedex), you probably all heard that in pcm's.

But, yes.. they have the "firing squad" out. 1 mistake your gone !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, where to begin? OK, we'll start with the beer. Are you fragging kidding me? You are driving a vehicle which does not belong to you and decide that you want to have a beer with your lunch?! Now, I would also love to have a beer with my lunch, but I like my job and prefer to keep it (my creditors would also prefer that I keep my job!) so common sense tells me iced tea with lunch.

Next, the unemployment. Unless Canadian laws are different from those in the States, you don't get unemployment if you were fired for cause.

Finally, the small claims court. This one made me laugh. Your Honor, yes I was stupid, I knowingly violated company policy, but UPS is dragging their feet on giving my record of employment, so I am suing them for the 2 weeks of unemployment that I was not able to claim, even though I am not eligible for unemployment because I was fired.

This one can't be blamed on the "firing squad". The blame for this one falls squarely on your shoulders.

klein

First of all it was after work, and my UPS truck was in the depot, my turn and cash in was done ! I took my lunch after work, in my own private vehicle.
I was only waiting for the clock.
That was my mistake. And yes, if you ever get laid off or being fired... I hope you need to wait almost 2 months for your outstanding vactaion pay, too.
As far as Unemployment goes. normally we don't collect it when being fired... but I didn't think it was much of an issue... having a beer after work. I have gone shopping, getting gas (my own vehicle), and other things.
I was done work completely ! For the exception, they didn't give me time of the day to take my lunch, so did it after work !

klein

It was a hot day in the truck, yes it was Molson... they have a new subzero draft there.
It actually comes out at minus 2C (below freezing)... and you put that into a frosty mug... it cystalizes...

So cold,, but soo good.
I guess it was worth the job ! LOL
MY job was really done.., just didn't want to hang around the centre for another 30 minutes. Took my last lunch outside of it, in my own vehichle.
Thats ok, they were picky, thats fine.
It sure wasn't the best job I ever had.
I can do better.

Didn`t see the problem in having a beer while on the job,huh? What did you do have some crack while you were there too?

sealbasher

It was a hot day in the truck, yes it was Molson... they have a new subzero draft there.
It actually comes out at minus 2C (below freezing)... and you put that into a frosty mug... it cystalizes...

So cold,, but soo good.
I guess it was worth the job ! LOL
MY job was really done.., just didn't want to hang around the centre for another 30 minutes. Took my last lunch outside of it, in my own vehichle.
Thats ok, they were picky, thats fine.
It sure wasn't the best job I ever had.
I can do better.

im an alcoholic and would not touch a drop on the job,dont even think about it,its not ok not even once and if your off the payroll UPS did something good

klein

You guys don't get it. MY JOB was Done ! Truck unloaded. In the depot ! All I had left to do, was complete my outstanding lunchbreak ! and then go home.

barnyard

KTM rider
You guys don't get it. MY JOB was Done ! Truck unloaded. In the depot ! All I had left to do, was complete my outstanding lunchbreak ! and then go home.

Does not matter. You were on the clock.

Have to play by the companies' rules when you take company pay.

TB

klein

I wished I could have taken my lunch in my service area, but it wasn't possible, and yes, your right. It was on the clock, even if it was my deserved time off after work. I just think it was pretty picky.
And no, I never ever drank on the job... NEVER. Thought after I was done it may be ok. but it wasn't.
And as far as the prvious post, no, I'm 100% drug free, and 100% hard liquor free. I do however like a cold beer after work. I'm not fighting it. It's done. Just the bad treatment they gave me afterwards, wasn't fair. waiting almost 2 mths for vactaion pay and pinkslip.

ups1990

I'am sorry, I'am sorry, but this has to be one of, if not the biggest blunders in UPS employee history. Klein, what were you thinking?. A beer that was so cold and so good got you fired. Let's have a beer EH?

klein

I'm not to worried as you can see. UPS chose brown for a reason , way back then... to make you a personal slave. And thats what it is, or atleast has become.
Just treat me right, fair game , after being fired, and give me my darn vacation pay !!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Ahhhh,,it wasn't too long ago when a poster was fired (then re-hired) for having beer and tacos. You couldn't wait till you were off the clock to grab some suds? The thought of you having a cold one while wearing your browns and on UPS time when the manager comes in to haul your :censored2: back to the "depot" (probably stinking of beer) cracks me up.

Good luck in your job search, you have a lot of growing up to do.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein you are a joke

actually they stole the color brown from the train porters, it hides the dirt better.

klein

he was lucky, I won't get hired back, and yes your right, whats another 30minutes... my mistake.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
i smell a troll
1845.jpg

S

speeddemon

You can take your lunch on area, you just chose not to. If you have missed packages , its their problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.