Beeping Trucks

brown metal coffin

I got assigned a new truck last night and this was my first day out with it; and I tell you this truck beeps for everything. When you put in reverse, directional, hazards, lights on with truck off, handbrake not on. It gets a little annoying as the day goes on. Is this a problem that can be rectified without having to get a different truck or do you guys just block it out and press on?

Method$

Turn dimmer off, block out the rest. Mechanic can turn off beeping, but you'll end up driving around with the 4-ways on (if in workhorse).

Pkgcar1988

It won't beep as loud with the lights on and the truck off if you slide the dash light dimmer all the way down. That will help a little but yes it will still beep about something else. Annoying, I know. I have just gotten used to it. Have customers all the time ask why that thing beeps so much.

Method$

Dimmer turned off will end beeping for lights, apply parking brake before turning off engine will end a beep, 4-ways will beep unless mechanic fixes, reverse will also give a couple beeps. Newer freight liners also have "shift inhibit" if you shift before wheels stop.

brown metal coffin

Dimmer turned off will end beeping for lights, apply parking brake before turning off engine will end a beep, 4-ways will beep unless mechanic fixes, reverse will also give a couple beeps. Newer freight liners also have "shift inhibit" if you shift before wheels stop.

Thank You. I saw shift inhibit a couple of times today as well. This should help.

wayfair

swollen member
just under the left side of steering wheel. Little circle in the middle, stuff and tape it. The parking break one I can't find. the newer PC's, dimmer switch helps

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I got assigned a new truck last night and this was my first day out with it; and I tell you this truck beeps for everything. When you put in reverse, directional, hazards, lights on with truck off, handbrake not on. It gets a little annoying as the day goes on. Is this a problem that can be rectified without having to get a different truck or do you guys just block it out and press on?
Go sweet talk your mechanic.

Future

Victory Ride
What I tell MGT at least once a month......"BEEP OFF"..........and go about your day with a smile and love in your heart!