Being asked to work when sick

TibblesBRC

Package Thrower
Hi, been working as a Package handler loading for about 4 months. I've missed probably 2 or 3 days before now, I told my supervisor I wasn't feeling well while working. The next day I was throwing up and realized I've got the flu from my sister, I texted and told him as soon as I woke up and he said "come in and if we're staffed you can go home" I said "I'm sorry I really am too sick to work" he responded "well I need you in today" I didn't respond, until today. He messaged my whole pd letting us know our start time then immediately messaged me and said "you gotta be here today" I said "I've thrown up 3 times today, and I'm weak I cannot work" he said "you can work sick I need you in"....So what I'm getting at is, what gives him the right to tell me I have to come in when I have the flu. And if I don't go in could I get in any trouble, cause that's what he's making it seem like.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hi, been working as a Package handler loading for about 4 months. I've missed probably 2 or 3 days before now, I told my supervisor I wasn't feeling well while working. The next day I was throwing up and realized I've got the flu from my sister, I texted and told him as soon as I woke up and he said "come in and if we're staffed you can go home" I said "I'm sorry I really am too sick to work" he responded "well I need you in today" I didn't respond, until today. He messaged my whole pd letting us know our start time then immediately messaged me and said "you gotta be here today" I said "I've thrown up 3 times today, and I'm weak I cannot work" he said "you can work sick I need you in"....So what I'm getting at is, what gives him the right to tell me I have to come in when I have the flu. And if I don't go in could I get in any trouble, cause that's what he's making it seem like.

Holy christ man! You're a big enough boy to go to Burning Man and take a mind blowing selfie with your Stormtrooper shirt, you need to put your Darth Vader underoos on and get your ass to work. This is really not a new concept.

And...in the off chance you really cannot use the force and get your ass to work, you actually pick up the phone and call your boss and speak to him. "boss, I am not coming in today" CLICK! Rock on with your bad self!

TibblesBRC

Package Thrower
Holy christ man! You're a big enough boy to go to Burning Man and take a mind blowing selfie with your Stormtrooper shirt, you need to put your Darth Vader underoos on and get your ass to work. This is really not a new concept.

And...in the off chance you really cannot use the force and get your ass to work, you actually pick up the phone and call your boss and speak to him. "boss, I am not coming in today" CLICK! Rock on with your bad self!

Lol, I'm gonna have to correct you cause that's actually an astronaut, not a storm trooper. But that doesn't make it any less mind blowing, cause it was. If there's anything I learned from burning man it's...well all 10 principles, but also to accept when you're not in the right place to do something. Besides I wouldn't wanna go get all my fellow teamsters sick with my flu now would I? Then Mr. Frank the supe would have nobody to move those darned irregs

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Lol, I'm gonna have to correct you cause that's actually an astronaut, not a storm trooper. But that doesn't make it any less mind blowing, cause it was. If there's anything I learned from burning man it's...well all 10 principles, but also to accept when you're not in the right place to do something. Besides I wouldn't wanna go get all my fellow teamsters sick with my flu now would I? Then Mr. Frank the supe would have nobody to move those darned irregs

I like you man! Stick around for a while!