Being denied going full time after 157 days?

Coop3902

I'm 4 days away from my 157 reports for this year. Change of operation occurred in our center and they say they will deny me going full time this year. Has anyone ever seen a similar situation? Is this possible for them to do?

Coop3902

All the drivers in our center Say I should be fine, because of what it says in the union book, but I'm afraid there is something in there that could hold me back that I'm missing.

Coop3902

Yes I am a teamster and our local union rep has given me a copy and gone through it with me, he says esp in the southern region supplement portion that it still should go through but I am of course concerned until we know for sure. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

jbg77

It could be your seniority. If you make the necessary reports they are supposed to create a full time job. This doesn't mean it would go to you it means it would go to the highest seniority pt'er in line.

BrownTexas

I agree with @jbg77. Just because you have the reports doesn't mean you get to go full time. You should get full time vacation the next year but it won't mean you get to go full time.

Faceplanted

The reports just create a new full time spot and gives you full time vacation. This spot is not automatically yours, somebody who has more classification seniority than you (any part time hub worker if you are technically a cover driver)

So the guy who has been loading trucks for 6 years can decide he wants to go full time and if u have less seniority than him he gets the spot.

rkctkc

I could be wrong, but I think it used to be 200 reports to add a full time position. Doesn't necessarily mean it's your slot, just whoever is up next in seniority. 156 is only to determine vacation and option pay for next year. If you drove 156 and are part time, you will get tcd vacation and option pay next year.

govols019

You smell that?
The 200 reports changed as of Jan. 1, 2014. It's 156 reports now.

The contract says 156 reports and they must put on a full time position. Grieve it.

Going to a preload is going to be a whole new world for you guys. Welcome to the real UPS.

clean hairy

The 200 reports changed as of Jan. 1, 2014. It's 156 reports now.

The contract says 156 reports and they must put on a full time position. Grieve it.

Going to a preload is going to be a whole new world for you guys. Welcome to the real UPS.
That does not mean the person who worked the 156 reports now has a full time position, does it?
I guess it would mean a full time position is created and now up for bid, and the person who worked 156 reports is still part time?
I dunno how that works.