Being picked on at UPS.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's because you're black :batman:

Just playing. If you give 100% they will expect 110% And while your fellow new hires give 70%, management only expects 75% from them. You can either be the lead horse or the guy who shovels all the :censored2: from the horses. Up to you.

Returntosender

You should have not finished ahead of the new guys. The Operations Sups want to to know if you can do the work of two guys(bench mark testing you)? If you show them you can. The op sups report to IE will say Andre can do the work of two people in the alloted time. IE will instruct op sups to remove 1guy from the operation let Andre do the job of two. Once you get hurt you will be thrown out door.

Returntosender

Just playing. If you give 100% they will expect 110% And while your fellow new hires give 70%, management only expects 75% from them. You can either be the lead horse or the guy who shovels all the :censored2: from the horses. Up to you.
if the sup is a hetro female maybe she likes looking at Andre dripping in sweat, glistening under the UPS lights.

Thms

pick a brisk smooth pace you can maintain the whole shift a keep it there. I went 22 years w/o a single problem and then we get a new ctr manager that referred to us as pusillanimous. the center he came from had an us against them type of mentallty. i was in the office with them beating on me at least twice a week and was fired 9 days for doing 22 stops on my lunch hr because i was trying to get out early for my sons game. and has them printing my sparks gps'ing calculating the time between each stop. just remember they cannot fire you for performance

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I wouldn't say schools are stripping students of their self-respect, because kids today do not even know respect means. Parents raising children today give them more while the child has to do less. Kids today are self-entitled and think along the lines of what can you do for me, not what can I do for you. So when kids pick on one another they don't know how to deal with it, because they were taught to respect others or themselves
If you're saying the problem is the parents, then I agree with you 100% until they get old enough to know better. I don't care much for the "he was raised wrong, so let's blame the parents." The parents have a share, :censored2:bags still do the act. Right and wrong aren't entirely subjective as far as basic things go. Stealing is stealing, killing is killing, so on and so forth. Personally, I blame the communities for hiding behind their doors. It's none of my business how they raise their kids. Yeah...that works until the kids go thug and break into your stuff. I have no problems at all calling kids on BS...I do it nicely of course and then kindly explain to their parent/s what I saw and what I did. The adage it takes a village to raise a child hasn't magically changed in this bold new world...in fact I think it's more important than ever before.

quamba 638

I just started (not too long ago). I'm unloading. The supervisors and the manager are picking ONLY on me. I started the same day as all the new guys, even went to training with them. And I came every day at no later than 10 minutes early. They want me to unload the brown trucks very quickly (which is actually no problem for me), BUT THEY ARE ONLY RUSHING ME (OUT OF ALL THE NEW GUYS). Yesterday I finished unloading my side (beating all the new guys in a LANDSLIDE. Guess what the friend&*kers made me do? They told me to go on the other side and help the new guys out and hurry. Why the friend&&k don't they tell the new guys to hurry too? The new guys were going so slowly and they weren't telling them anything, only me. Guess what again? After I finish helping one of the new guys unloading his side, they put me on another side to help out another new guy to finish his side! Like I said, I'm a very hard working guy, but this is not fair. I wouldn't even be complaining if every one of the new guys was doing the same amount of work as me and was being told to hurry up. BUT ONLY friend&%KING ME. Last week, one of the managers told me something NASTY, I'll never forget it. But I won't say it due to my job safety. I know there are spies on here.
You get paid by the hour, not the amount of work you do. Nobody likes working for 8.50... But if you're in school and getting tuition reimbursement it's worth your time. If you don't use the insurance or the or reimbursement, it's probably not worth your time. I'm lucky enough to work in an area with a high seniority staff. Its the guys in my area yelling at the supervisors for working or whatever.

UPSGUY72

It's a little late for that. He already showed them his hand and hasn't made his 30 days yet. Slacking off now would most likely be a end range motion for his career with UPS.

Indecisi0n

0125-bully_full_600.jpg

balland chain

I just started (not too long ago). I'm unloading. The supervisors and the manager are picking ONLY on me. I started the same day as all the new guys, even went to training with them. And I came every day at no later than 10 minutes early. They want me to unload the brown trucks very quickly (which is actually no problem for me), BUT THEY ARE ONLY RUSHING ME (OUT OF ALL THE NEW GUYS). Yesterday I finished unloading my side (beating all the new guys in a LANDSLIDE. Guess what the friend&*kers made me do? They told me to go on the other side and help the new guys out and hurry. Why the friend&&k don't they tell the new guys to hurry too? The new guys were going so slowly and they weren't telling them anything, only me. Guess what again? After I finish helping one of the new guys unloading his side, they put me on another side to help out another new guy to finish his side! Like I said, I'm a very hard working guy, but this is not fair. I wouldn't even be complaining if every one of the new guys was doing the same amount of work as me and was being told to hurry up. BUT ONLY friend&%KING ME. Last week, one of the managers told me something NASTY, I'll never forget it. But I won't say it due to my job safety. I know there are spies on here.
Get your time in (seniority) until then work as instructed, DO NOT get into an argument with a sup. Some of us have been there, it is not fun nor is it fair, but the other post stated that nothing is fair at UPS..The more you do on a regular basis the more they will expect and give you on a regular basis..Once you make book, talk to a shop steward and explain what is going on..The shop steward will give you the best advice on how it should be handled..For now, even though it is not fair, do it if you want to keep this job,,I wish I could talk to you, but I will not put my email out in this arena..I have so personal advice I would love to convey to you, but I also will not post that as UPS most likely is paying a white shirt money to monitor the postings on this site..Also, if possible, change your user name.. hang in there.. GL

S

serenity now

If you're saying the problem is the parents, then I agree with you 100% until they get old enough to know better. I don't care much for the "he was raised wrong, so let's blame the parents." The parents have a share, :censored2:bags still do the act. Right and wrong aren't entirely subjective as far as basic things go. Stealing is stealing, killing is killing, so on and so forth. Personally, I blame the communities for hiding behind their doors. It's none of my business how they raise their kids. Yeah...that works until the kids go thug and break into your stuff. I have no problems at all calling kids on BS...I do it nicely of course and then kindly explain to their parent/s what I saw and what I did. The adage it takes a village to raise a child hasn't magically changed in this bold new world...in fact I think it's more important than ever before.

so you think time out and counting to 3 (when the kids knows damn well 3 will not be spoken) aren't working that well

imagine that!

If you work twice as hard you will do twice as much work at this place. Everyone works at a different pace. That's just how it is. If you don't like doing the extra work then pace your self. If not then learn how to like doing the extra or you will be miserable at here.

touareg23

picked on

What ever happened to a fair days pay for a fair days work? No one holds a gun to your head to work there, the grass is always greener.