Being pulled down from the pick off to load..... ?

NY11725

It's been happening a lot lately. We are missing loaders, so I am being pulled down from my position as the pick off to load. The other two pick offs are NEVER pulled down when their short loaders, so why am I? Should I say something to management or go straight to the SS on shift?

NY11725

Do you have seniority over the other two pick off employees?

Sorry, I wrote that wrong. The other two pick offs I referred to are on different belts picking off, and I honestly NEVER see them being pulled down to load when that belt is short loaders. Each belt has one primary pick off, and then 1 or two backups in case the primary is out.

Jigawatts

My guess is that you are being pulled to load because you know the difference between RDR and RDL. The other two might not be able to figure it out.

NY11725

RDR--Rear Door Right

RDL--Rear Door Left

RDC--Read Door Center

These are all load positions.

Ah, yes, in other terms, as in, I know how to load properly, then yeah, of course I'm good at it, but I'm bomb at picking off, and I'm being paid to do it, you know? I pretty much virtually catch every miss sort , and my dead chute is full usually roughly 3 times every night. We're a jax belt, so the only FL we take is 324-325, and I'm constantly dead chuting every other FL you can imagine. I know they know I'm super good at it, so I really don't know why I'm loading. I've done my time loading.

NY11725

If you don't know those three basic terms then you have never loaded a package car.

I work the reload, we load trailers as I said a few times now, no one on my shift loads a package car. But those terms do make sense in a trailer as well, but no, I've never heard the terms used before. Anyway, I appreciate everyones input. Have to run, take care.

btrlov

work as instructed then file a work assignment seniority grievance. The Sort manager will fix it if the FT sup doesn't. Do you have new pt or FT management that might not know about seniority in assignments