Being pulled down from the pick off to load..... ?

clarnzz

In my hub pulling was never a bid position nor a skilled job so I would think you are SOL. You can stomp your feet if you want, but I'd just grin and bear it, coming down from the pull to bull**** with the loaders and teach them how to build walls and break jams can be fun. :)

NY11725

The other guys in the picks do they have loading experience? They may be just looking for the best man for the job.

If you can't load, you shouldn't be picking off since you wouldn't really know the sort. The guy who's been doing it is from small sort I believe, but still. I was told today by a supe buddy, he broke his leg so he can't do anything else, but why does it have to be the pick off on " my belt " my position isn't the place hurt people should be going.

NY11725

work as instructed then file a work assignment seniority grievance. The Sort manager will fix it if the FT sup doesn't. Do you have new pt or FT management that might not know about seniority in assignments

Our manager is our old manager who was moved to a different building about 3 years ago. He is covering for our new FT manager while hes on vacation.

NY11725

In my hub pulling was never a bid position nor a skilled job so I would think you are SOL. You can stomp your feet if you want, but I'd just grin and bear it, coming down from the pull to bull**** with the loaders and teach them how to build walls and break jams can be fun. :)

It's a skilled / seniority position in my hub.