Being Pushed out the door.

Andy Watmore

First of all i have been working for ups for about 7 months on the evening shift, then decided i wanted to work the morning shift because it would be better for my personal life as i have two daughters to look after aswell as a type one diabetic partner. I did a week of the split shift which didnt go well as the sleeping patterns so messed up one day, but the rest of the week was alright. was then told i was wanted on the shift. But couldnt do another week due to my daughters being ill. I was then told that i could transfer over on the monday which was great news. the come tuesday morning i slept past my alarm and rung them straight away. was then told i have lost my chances of that shift and got the sack... I now have a hearing on the 5th and no idea what to do or say at the meeting. And i havent signed up to the union... Please help... I feel like they have pushed my down so bad...

upschuck

Grievance hearing or panel? You missed one day, and they want to fired you? Doesn't sound right to me. Fortunate for you, unfortunate for those who paid for that, you should have representation for that hearing. Go in, tell your side, and if you truly only missed the one day, you should be fine and resume working, because they didn't go through he proper discipline process.

And when you get your job back, join the union.

M

Mike hunt

First of all i have been working for ups for about 7 months on the evening shift, then decided i wanted to work the morning shift because it would be better for my personal life as i have two daughters to look after aswell as a type one diabetic partner. I did a week of the split shift which didnt go well as the sleeping patterns so messed up one day, but the rest of the week was alright. was then told i was wanted on the shift. But couldnt do another week due to my daughters being ill. I was then told that i could transfer over on the monday which was great news. the come tuesday morning i slept past my alarm and rung them straight away. was then told i have lost my chances of that shift and got the sack... I now have a hearing on the 5th and no idea what to do or say at the meeting. And i havent signed up to the union... Please help... I feel like they have pushed my down so bad...
You need to join the union asap. Freeloading isn't the right thing to do.

UPSGUY72

You don't get canned for over sleeping and calling in late one day. There is more to this story I suspect it is that you have a history of not showing up to work, calling late or just showing up late.

Someone from the union will be there to help you try to get your job back it that law. However how much effort they put into it could be less that someone that was paying union dues even though the law says it can't.

If you do get you job back join the UNION you apparently are going to need more representation in the future and you most likely will get better representation by being a paying union member.

clean hairy

Appears to be.
A person wants the benefits without contributing to keep the benefits.
Consider if Country Clubs were forced to let everyone in and no one HAS to pay.
Would those who do not pay get the same level of treatment that the paying members show towards each other?
A non-paying member cart breaks down on the course, "Sorry mr X we have no replacement carts"
A paying member "Sorry for the inconvenience, Mr Y, we will have relacement cart right out to you!"

PT Car Washer

Never too late to sign up. Seen more then one person decide to join the Union when there was a discipline issue or a job seniority issue. I know when I started your Union papers was just another paper to sign when you were hired. Now new employees have to seek out their Union steward and sign up.

clean hairy

For a person to have zero interest in the union and then want to become buddy-buddy when they want the unions help?
I doubt that will set well with the union.

Chuck424

First of all i have been working for ups for about 7 months on the evening shift, then decided i wanted to work the morning shift because it would be better for my personal life as i have two daughters to look after aswell as a type one diabetic partner. I did a week of the split shift which didnt go well as the sleeping patterns so messed up one day, but the rest of the week was alright. was then told i was wanted on the shift. But couldnt do another week due to my daughters being ill. I was then told that i could transfer over on the monday which was great news. the come tuesday morning i slept past my alarm and rung them straight away. was then told i have lost my chances of that shift and got the sack... I now have a hearing on the 5th and no idea what to do or say at the meeting. And i havent signed up to the union... Please help... I feel like they have pushed my down so bad...[/qu

Chuck424

I use to work for ups I also got push out the door and been trying to fight it but manhattahn south is a brought building by management and they pay the union to do what ever with the workers they never gave me a change not only that I filied about 15/30 grivince and nothing was ever done there's a shopstudest name pino he don't do nothing and bill and Castillo all they do is pay him to not do :censored2: so it's been almost a year and I am still out of a job so there go for Union and grievances any one have an answer ?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I use to work for ups I also got push out the door and been trying to fight it but manhattahn south is a brought building by management and they pay the union to do what ever with the workers they never gave me a change not only that I filied about 15/30 grivince and nothing was ever done there's a shopstudest name pino he don't do nothing and bill and Castillo all they do is pay him to not do :censored2: so it's been almost a year and I am still out of a job so there go for Union and grievances any one have an answer ?
English,do you speak it?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Have you called your BA??