Being told to start earlier and not being paid for it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A hanging Chad?
th

Nike

This is definitely something they do and will continue to do periodically through your career here. Buddy up with a pt sup or other person non union to help you keep an eye on your hours.

snarts

I agree with the others, but would advise not pushing the issue too hard until you're in the union.

This is the reason I'm afraid to push the issue further. I have heard of people getting terminated for little reason from UPS before making the union and I'm really not trying to give them incentive.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I'm on my third week as a preloader and every Monday I start work at 3:30 am, 45 minutes earlier than the rest of the week. The problem is when I punch in it shows my usual start time at 4:15 and I'm only getting paid after 4:15 according to my check. I mentioned this to my supervisor last week and he said he would take care of it, however today when I punched in it still showed that I start getting paid at 4:15. Any advice on how I should approach this next time I speak with him?

I'm only asking because I don't know if this is some common thing that newbies are just going to have to deal with and suck it up.
Tell him you need to be compensated for time worked, if he doesn't then you will just start at 4:15. Also you need to file on it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the reason I'm afraid to push the issue further. I have heard of people getting terminated for little reason from UPS before making the union and I'm really not trying to give them incentive.

Union protection or not, you have the right to be paid for the hours that you worked and to politely ask that any shortages be corrected in a timely manner.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I worked preload, our start time was usually changed especially on Tuesdays and I always changed the start time on the time card after I logged in. I also reminded the sup of the earlier start times. as I stated in an earlier post even though you log into the time card and punch in via computer, the supervisor updates and approves the time cards for their employees at the end of shift.

PT Car Washer

When I worked preload, our start time was usually changed especially on Tuesdays and I always changed the start time on the time card after I logged in. I also reminded the sup of the earlier start times. as I stated in an earlier post even though you log into the time card and punch in via computer, the supervisor updates and approves the time cards for their employees at the end of shift.
With the new computer time cards you have little control over the start times. Just have to keep reminding sups the start times are wrong and hope they are corrected.

Dr.Brownz

Negative. That's when the Emancipation Proclamation was signed. It officially ended December 6, 1865 when the 13th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified. I verified before I posted.

If you read the fine print....The emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the confederacy.

Lincoln was looking to punish the south for breaking away from the union...not to help black people like high school history books make it seem

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just ask before you are qualified, then after file, they can go 90 days back if one wrong paycheck is within 7 days
also ask or demand a green check for any discrepancies . can't remember how fast they need to deliver it. 24 or 48 hrs and if they don't deliver within that time they have to pay you more.