Benefits cancelled?

upser1978

Does anyone know after you are fired at UPS if your benefits are cancelled immediately or do they wait till after your hearing at the panel?

Johney

It usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks for them to catch up. UPS contributes to our benefits weekly, so when you are fired UPS will stop contributing and it takes the insurance company a few weeks to catch up that they are no longer paying. When you get the letter for COBRA payments then you should know.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I've seen guys reinstated with 6 weeks only to have their benefits cancelled anyway and bills start showing up 3 months down the road. It's a real hassle getting everything back in order again.

UPSGUY72

I've seen guys reinstated with 6 weeks only to have their benefits cancelled anyway and bills start showing up 3 months down the road. It's a real hassle getting everything back in order again.

In my area,you have to work 160 hrs in 1 month then your good for the next 6.

If they cancel it they have to send you a letter in the mail stating that and giving you the option of cobra. They can't just cut you off.

gotbrown

its 6 months from your last month worked here. you will usually receive COBRA paper work in the mail 2-4 weeks before your coverage runs out.