Benefits Verification question

fedex435

Received a letter today informing me that my medical benefits for my spouse and children will be dropped September 1rst because I hadn't responded to any of the previous letters sent to me. I just faxed all the required info to HR 20 minutes ago. Will benefits continue after Sep 1 or am I out of luck? HELP!!!!

vantexan

Received a letter today informing me that my medical benefits for my spouse and children will be dropped September 1rst because I hadn't responded to any of the previous letters sent to me. I just faxed all the required info to HR 20 minutes ago. Will benefits continue after Sep 1 or am I out of luck? HELP!!!!

Our mgrs mentioned the necessity of taking care of this at several morning meetings. Were you never informed in any way? That may be your only chance, that you never heard about this until this letter. I don't know but probably when you sign up for next year's benefits you can get coverage for them for 2013.

fedex435

He did bring it up once. It's my fault for not getting it in on time. To be honest I forgot about it until today. As soon as I read the letter I faxed all the info. I know there was a deadline set but I think its ridiculous to continue to drop my family after I provided the documentation proving that my family, is indeed, my family......at least I'm still covered. I may need it soon after I tell my wife about my screw up.

yepyep

I had to pay $21.50 for my babies birth certificate to verify the child I carried and delivered and billed to Anthem was really.. ..wait. ..my child. Took weeks to get, and yes I'm passed the deadline.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had to pay $21.50 for my babies birth certificate to verify the child I carried and delivered and billed to Anthem was really.. ..wait. ..my child. Took weeks to get, and yes I'm passed the deadline.

Another way to harass the employees and save a penny. The program probably costs more than it will save. Pretty soon, we won't have benefits, so it will be a moot point.

hypo hanna

From the FedExaminer forum....May 9th

YOUR DEPENDENT'S BENEFITS ARE AT RISK!

Starting this March employees are getting packets in the mail from something called the "FedEx Dependent Verification Center" out of Hopkins MN. (I did a little research and found the addy is a mail drop for United Healthcare.) They are being mailed out in phases so you may not have recieved yours yet.
The packet will have on the front in bold lettering, "ACTION REQUIRED: DEPENDENT BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION".

Inside you be instructed to verify that all of your dependents, spouses and children are eligible for benefits. You do this by providing copies of marriage certificates, birth certificates, driver’s licenses and other sensitive and personal information.

The reasoning put forth by the company is to “help us effectively manage our benefit plan cost.” By that, they mean they want to dump your legal dependents from the plan with a paperwork trick. IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BY THE DEADLINE, (approx. 45 days from the mailing date), YOUR FAMILY WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE PLANS!
This is a callous attempt by the company to cut you out of your promised benefits. Health care benefits you work for.

FedEx likes to frame your benefit package as a lovely gift they provide to you out of the goodness of their hearts but in reality it is part of your overall compensation and the reason you are not bringing home bigger checks like they do at Big Brown.

They already have your child’s birthdate so they know exactly when they are too old to be covered. Social Security provides them with tables monthly of every US citizen who has died so they know when to pull those names. The only thing they don’t have the information on is after a divorce and if you fail to tell your manager that when you update your prism file, it would be insurance fraud and you would be subject to termination and litigation for that money.

What FedEx is hoping to do here is thin the ranks. They know that there is a certain number of employees who for whatever reason won’t complete the verification process. If they scceed in knocking off 5% from the rolls, it represents a savings to FedEx in the tens of millions. (Minus the bonuses for the executives who came up with and implimented the plan.)

DO NOT IGNORE THIS PACKET. Doing so could cost you a lot. Tell every employee you know and tell them to tell their coworkers.

Do not let them get away with this SLEEZY attempt to save a few bucks at the expense of your family’s health!

30 years ago, I would have never thought FedEx mgmt could be capable of these kinds of underhanded methods. Now it has become commonplace.

“People company my *****!

SmithBarney

I kinda understand that maybe they think employees are trying to "work" the system.
I question the legality of what they are doing. But "dependent verification" is just a new
thing that insurance carriers are doing to try and cut costs.

I guess my son Pedro in the basement won't be covered anymore... oh well.

hypo hanna

I kinda understand that maybe they think employees are trying to "work" the system.
I question the legality of what they are doing. But "dependent verification" is just a new
thing that insurance carriers are doing to try and cut costs.

Actually it is Fedex working the system. The consulting firm Fedex uses for this program has been doing this in one form or another for about 8 years. They started out by making elderly pensioners prove they were still alive and elligable for the pension they earned. People in their 80's and 90's, widowers and people in convalescant homes with little mobility and little understanding of what was being asked of them.

The Fedex of old had some degree of ethics and wouldn't have associated with such an enterprise. Today's management jumped on it like a dog on a bone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually it is Fedex working the system. The consulting firm Fedex uses for this program has been doing this in one form or another for about 8 years. They started out by making elderly pensioners prove they were still alive and elligable for the pension they earned. People in their 80's and 90's, widowers and people in convalescant homes with little mobility and little understanding of what was being asked of them.

The Fedex of old had some degree of ethics and wouldn't have associated with such an enterprise. Today's management jumped on it like a dog on a bone.

Exactly. They are "auditing" the system to see who fails to keep-up. Kind of like the way they restrict voting by making voters provide picture ID.

yepyep

One of the things that really bothers me is my employer banking all these documents. Couple years ago they needed my birth cert for TSA. Took forever for me to get it to them. Then two years later when I went back on the road they wanted it again. I lost my mind asking them who held all my personal documents, and who has access to them. They never asked me again. I do not trust them having these items at all.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly. They are "auditing" the system to see who fails to keep-up. Kind of like the way they restrict voting by making voters provide picture ID.

What's so outlandish about asking people to show that those they're putting on the insurance are eligible for coverage?

As far as voting, I'm all for requiring some form of ID or verification. When I last voted I went to the polling place and a lady I've never seen in my life asked my name. I told her and asked if she needed to see any ID and she said that she didn't. I can't go into a FedEx station and pick up a package without some form of ID but I can vote without it?

hypo hanna

What's so outlandish about asking people to show that those they're putting on the insurance are eligible for coverage?

Because, it's information they already have. If an employee is lying about his dependent's elligability, that is insurance fraud and he/she can be prosecuted for it. This is nothing more the a scumball effort to cut cost at the employee's expense.

As far as voting, I'm all for requiring some form of ID or verification. When I last voted I went to the polling place and a lady I've never seen in my life asked my name. I told her and asked if she needed to see any ID and she said that she didn't. I can't go into a FedEx station and pick up a package without some form of ID but I can vote without it?

She was most likely told during her training that in person voter fraud is virtually nonexistant and to insist on the ID would only turn an elligable voter away from his rights.

new study released Sunday, conducted by News21 and funded by the Carnegie and Knight Foundations went through "5,000 court documents, official reports, and media reports" involving VOTER FRAUD since 2000. Three substantive findings of the study are:1) Any kind of election fraud is exceptionally rare. Among 600 MILLION votes cast, 2,068 cases of "election fraud" were alleged: this is a .000003 incidence of alleged election fraud.
2) Voter fraud is even rarer. Only 30.6% of the "election fraud" cases involved "voter fraud". That's 633 cases in 600,000,000. Translation: that's a .000001 incidence of all voter fraud.
3) IN-PERSON voter fraud is, according to the report, "virtually non-existent". With 600 MILLION votes cast, there were 10, yes 10, cases of alleged in-person voter fraud: this is a .000000001 incidence of alleged in-person voter fraud, the purported reason that Voter ID laws have been implemented in so many states.

thedownhillEXPRESS

As far as voting, I'm all for requiring some form of ID or verification. When I last voted I went to the polling place and a lady I've never seen in my life asked my name. I told her and asked if she needed to see any ID and she said that she didn't. I can't go into a FedEx station and pick up a package without some form of ID but I can vote without it?[/QUOTE

So a voter who wants to commit voter fraud has to know the name of a registered voter, hope they didn't vote yet, and also hope the poll worker doesn't know that person.
Nonsense conspiracy theory, and as you see, a non existing "problem"...

You crazies need to accept the fact that white people really voted for Obama, he didn't win because of some mass conspiracy, he won because most Americans think republicans are insane...

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dano being OK with voter suppression isn't surprising. Neither is his support for FedEx Health Suppression. This is just another hoop to jump through and a way to save money while employees gather information the company already has.

59 Dano

Because, it's information they already have. If an employee is lying about his dependent's elligability, that is insurance fraud and he/she can be prosecuted for it. This is nothing more the a scumball effort to cut cost at the employee's expense.

Prior to BV all they needed, from what I remember, was a name, address, and a social security number.

She was most likely told during her training that in person voter fraud is virtually nonexistant and to insist on the ID would only turn an elligable voter away from his rights.

It takes about 2 seconds to see if the name on the ID matches the name on the roster.

59 Dano

So a voter who wants to commit voter fraud has to know the name of a registered voter, hope they didn't vote yet, and also hope the poll worker doesn't know that person.

The 1st isn't that hard to do. In some polling locations the roster is visible and you look at it and pick a name. The 2nd takes care of itself in that scenario. The 3rd may get you but the odds are pretty slim, though in some places everyone knows everyone so you would probably run into some trouble in that scenario.

Nonsense conspiracy theory, and as you see, a non existing "problem"...

Much in the same way that burglary isn't a problem so you don't need to lock your house. The burglar has to know which house is unlocked, hope you have some good stuff, and hope that no one sees him going in or coming out with the loot. It would never happen.

You crazies need to accept the fact that white people really voted for Obama, he didn't win because of some mass conspiracy, he won because most Americans think republicans are insane...

What?