Bereavement Leave

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Look, he needs to talk to his/her people at work. Not a mythical creature.

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
Bereavement leave is at most 4 days. He gave me the whole week off with pay.

I took 2 weeks off when my Dad passed away to settle his affairs. I can't even tell you how much of it was paid time because I didn't care. As much as I run down UPS I will admit they were VERY accommodating when both my Mom and Dad died. I was told both times to take as much time as I needed and they also sent flowers.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Damm, this argument isn't helpful. I appreciate both opinions but can you stop so that perhaps someone else with knowledge can chime in?
Talk with your managers/supervisors. Sorry that this is happening. I also have a mother that is high risk right now, and she still chooses to head to the grocery store.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Yes; in fact, I think that they would readily work with you if you are willing to keep working during this crisis.

BTW, the word is deferred.

Don’t forget to stay home. You are NOT essential because you no longer work here. Speaking of which , why are you posting at all? Like Rod, your input is irrelevant.

barnyard

KTM rider
Bereavement is a lost time benefit which is covered in the contract. Look at what the contract states and then you will have an idea of what to do when you cross that bridge.

As an example... my wife's brother and her aunt passed away within 2 days of each other. 1 funeral/wake was on Saturday, then on Sunday, a wake and funeral on Monday. I was paid for 1 day that I lost. I was not scheduled to work Saturday or Sunday, so neither are lost time that would entitle me to a day of pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don’t forget to stay home. You are NOT essential because you no longer work here. Speaking of which , why are you posting at all? Like Rod, your input is irrelevant.
Why would my input be irrelevant? When it comes right down to it I've probably forgotten more than you will ever know about what goes on at UPS.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why would my input be irrelevant? When it comes right down to it I've probably forgotten more than you will ever know about what goes on at UPS.
It aint like it used to be bro but some things never change and that isnt a plus.