Besides Fedex?

eiknx

anybody wondering what you could do besides driving Fedex ground van? Drive a semi-truck localy, without the sleeper, make same amount maybe more, less work phisicaly, home every day. THAT IS IT! there are no jobs, school gives nothing, you cant make anywhere $900-$1,100 a week, besides trucking...think about it everyday what else I could do, thought there are few that think the same thing, so for your frustrations if you feel bad do what I do, study for cdl :peaceful: there are more trucking companies looking for drivers, so when you have your cdl-a, your experience will be growing since you get it, for the records on your license, and you wont need to suck up to people, or be nice, you can relax! GET YOUR CDL-A **** FEDEX! have a good sunday!

fedupforsure

Oh there are a lot of jobs out there but it would take training. Plummer electrician and many more. We do ok at FedEx but there are a lot of people out there making lots more than we are

Limper

Out For Delivery
Oh there are a lot of jobs out there but it would take training. Plummer electrician and many more. We do ok at FedEx but there are a lot of people out there making lots more than we are

This is true....but if you're someone who gets bored easily and dislikes mundane work, delivery is a good job to have.

eiknx

it's all about making money and trying to live, live less stressfully, relax get out of there, everyones else misery puts you down subconsciously...**** get hazmat license you making way more then regular driver!

!Retired!

Private car driver, limo driver, sanitation, beer/soda delivery and cab driver. I know quite a few of all those and they do pretty good.

eiknx

and when you have cdl-a you wont be scared if you get fired from fedex, YOU WILL HAVE A JOB next day with cdl-a wherever! there are a lot of ways to go with cdl-a, lots of companies! dont like one, go to the next one!

STFXG

With so many awesome opportunities it's crazy how many drivers there are with CDLs and how many resumes come in for driver positions from people with CDLs...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I do and I have to watch my back when I'm in my own personal vehicle.
You guys need to know that if you have a CDL and get popped for a moving violation in your own vehicle, on your own time, that it goes on your record for 7 yrs.

StuffItFred

With so many awesome opportunities it's crazy how many drivers there are with CDLs and how many resumes come in for driver positions from people with CDLs...

Yes, just like the thousands upon thousands of resumes submitted for "management" or "contractor" positions with "degrees" from Brenau or Phoenix "Universities"

barnyard

KTM rider
I do and I have to watch my back when I'm in my own personal vehicle.
You guys need to know that if you have a CDL and get popped for a moving violation in your own vehicle, on your own time, that it goes on your record for 7 yrs.

Plus, if you are pulled over and have been drinking, the limit is 1/2 for CDL holders.

Artee

Plus, if you are pulled over and have been drinking, the limit is 1/2 for CDL holders.

Yes,,,if you are driving a commercial vehicle. If you are off the clock and in your own personal car that does not require a CDL, you are .08 like everyone else.

Artee

are you sure about that?

Yes....We had commercial enforcement come in a couple years back. he threw a couple trick questions out there. That was one of them. We all answered .04. We were all wrong. Its not the license that determines the standard, but the vehicle you are operating.

From the FMCSA:

The FMCSA has established 0.04% as the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level at or above which a CDL commercial motor vehicle operator who is required to have a CDL is deemed to be driving under the influence of alcohol and subject to the disqualification sanctions in the Federal regulations. Most States have established a BAC level of .08% as the level at or above which a person operating a non-commercial motor vehicle is deemed to be driving under the influence of alochol.