Best Bluetooth

sano

There are 2 challenges a Bluetooth headset needs to overcome in a package car. Noise and wind.
I have a Plantronics 510 that would have no problem canceling the noise but the wind would make it unusable.
I have had several bt headsets and mine were all unusable with the windows of a car open.
I am sure they make better quality ones that will do it.

So I guess I am just telling you one headset that wont work. I hope you get some better answers.

dcdriver

nations capital
UPS has banned the use of bluetooth in the building and while on road. No cell phone use period while the pkg car is in motion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DC, the use of cell phones is legislated by each state, not UPS. New York has banned the use of hand held cell phones while driving (although you wouldn't know it by driving down most any street in my town) but you can use them if they are hands free.

upsdude

I’m in Virginia and our district has banned BT usage in the buildings. As far as use on the road, currently it isn’t on the flavor of the month list. It is about time for the on road ban to be back in force.

Perhaps someone in management will read this and bring back the on road ban. LOL.

Chnandler Bong

C/NET has the Jawbone II as their highest rated. It's supposed to have military grade noise cancelling. I haven't tried one personally but have heard positive feedback from a couple other drivers who have them.

Our Center Manager has told us that bluetooth on road was acceptable, but that can change. Just after I bought a new pair of black New Balance shoes we were told we could no longer wear them. Personally, I think issues like these should be handled through the Union. Then it would be a policy in writing that doesn't vary with the flavor of the month.

kene1024

C/NET has the Jawbone II as their highest rated. It's supposed to have military grade noise cancelling. I haven't tried one personally but have heard positive feedback from a couple other drivers who have them.

Our Center Manager has told us that bluetooth on road was acceptable, but that can change. Just after I bought a new pair of black New Balance shoes we were told we could no longer wear them. Personally, I think issues like these should be handled through the Union. Then it would be a policy in writing that doesn't vary with the flavor of the month.

I have a jawbone 1, and the noise canceling works very well. The problem I have found is that it's hard to get it to seal well around the ear, so even though the other party may hear you, you may not be able to hear them.

This could possibly be a feature, depending on who you are talking to :peaceful:

It is the best of all the headsets I tried (I have a drawer full of them...)

atatbl

UPS has banned the use of bluetooth in the building and while on road. No cell phone use period while the pkg car is in motion.

That is NOT corporate policy. Nor will it ever be. State laws are changing sporadically and quickly to cover bluetooths, texting, and regular cell phone use. UPS will not infringe (nation wide) on those matters until the states can do it first.

jw55wags

Whats a cell phone? just kidding. The big brown office has tried to call me on my personal cell ph. but I do not answer. Thats my cell phone. That is why they have there diads for to contact you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The National Contract states that local laws will apply in regards to cell phone usage while operating a UPS vehicle. While management continues to represent that they are not to be used, I continue to use mine as I please, as it is not illegal in the state I work.

As usual they negotiate one contract but operate under another which I haven't read or seen. It's this practice that continues to supplement my income.

outta hours

ARTICLE 6. Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee�s file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity.

Learn it, know it, live it.

Mike Hawk

Does that article cover it? They are telling you not to do something while you are on the clock, which I would think they have the right to do, like telling us not to throw boxes. There is no state law prohibiting package projectiles, however it is UPS's policy and we must work as directed, especially since it is a safety issue, driving distractions do not help you drive safely.

atatbl

Does that article cover it? They are telling you not to do something while you are on the clock, which I would think they have the right to do, like telling us not to throw boxes. There is no state law prohibiting package projectiles, however it is UPS's policy and we must work as directed, especially since it is a safety issue, driving distractions do not help you drive safely.

It's called work as directed. That is why some posters are saying it is against the rules in their centers, while others are saying it is not at their center. Just like the scenario you brought up. Except, I don't think many CMs would say "sure, throw those damns things around anyway you please" :happy-very:

Also, Outta Hour's post does not apply to this discussion. Telling drivers that they are not allowed to use cell phones while driving (and clocked in) does not violate ANY contract stipulation. And it is not an "extra contract agreement." That is called "work as directed" and has a very special name in the contract.

Let's see if our master of incorrectly citing contract sections can tell us what that term is.

atatbl

ARTICLE 6. Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee�s file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity.

Learn it, know it, live it.

LOL. I just saw what he wrote underneath the quote and laughed @ the irony of "know it"..... sometimes, you just have to smile.