Best boots

brownbandit007

Can’t seem to find the right boots. Suffering from gout at the moment after a prior a ankle injury. Plus Morton’s neuroma to add the icing on the cake. Custom inserts don’t seem to help. Wearing Bates lightweight 6.6” boot at the moment but I’ll try anything at this point. Any recommendations are appreciated thanks.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
One of the drivers at my old center got Gout. He told me that his doctor advised him to eat less rich food. He suffered through it and changed his eating habits. Probably not a perfect boot for that, but protect your toes and make sure it's comfortable enough for 10/12 hours of work.

Observer

Purchase some Dr.Scholls Steel toed boots - on second pair - stand up real well and not as heavy as other ones I've used in the past. They cost around $65.00 - I did go to a Red Wing store, however, theirs were heavy and more expensive. I also wear two pairs of socks because of the rubbing problems all boots give you. Changed out the laces for the rawhide leather ones.

CoolStoryBro

Can’t seem to find the right boots. Suffering from gout at the moment after a prior a ankle injury. Plus Morton’s neuroma to add the icing on the cake. Custom inserts don’t seem to help. Wearing Bates lightweight 6.6” boot at the moment but I’ll try anything at this point. Any recommendations are appreciated thanks.

Try Keen boots. The hiking boot style. Not the steel toe work boot style (they are clunky - not nimble). Super comfortable. Huge amount of toe room. Not tight on top of the foot. come in 3 different widths. They are expensive but worth every penny. Last a long time. Find an REI or Cabelas and try them on.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
B511F4E5-05B9-4AB4-89A4-E2B8802AC3F9.jpeg

If your going feeder Get yourself a pair of these

You won’t be able to tie your shoes in 6 months

tony c

I wear Air Max 90s..very comfy and if the supervisors say you can’t wear them..remind them that the appearance guidelines just say polishable black or brown leather..not that it HAS to be a boot

MassWineGuy

In good to moderate weather I’ve been wearing Merrell low cut Moabs for nearly two years. They hold up very well and are comfortable.

BrownTruckWannabe

My Timberland pros are amazing. If you live in a climate that gets cold get a composite toe, not steel. Definitely get boots that tie above the ankle if you have ankle issues. I'm guessing you will get a lot of different answers to this. There isn't going to be a perfect boot for everyone and you might just have to keep trying until you find the right ones.