Best campaign add ever

It will be fine

0614256F-7ACC-4DD5-9F3B-E366D1F9B799.png
Dan Crenshaw’s district. Lol, he can’t compete in a fair election.

DriverNerd

Everyone who laughed at Pete Davidson's joke. Or are you saying Dems were aghast that Davidson made such a joke?
So you think no conservatives laughed at his joke? I think a lot of people didn't find his joke funny. I certainly didn't. Rarely have I heard of someone with an eye patch that lost it because of something stupid. It's usually war, work, or cancer.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought Davidson's joke was funny, I still think it's funny. Crenshaw didn't sound all that bothered by it either, he seems like a decent enough guy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
An op-ed by Crenshaw about the matter.

I would disagree with Crenshaw in that I don't think anything should be off the table for purposes of humor. Sometimes humor can be a little too subtle and nuanced, and some people would rather feign offense than let on that they don't get it.

I took Davidson's joke to in the context of sort of a sarcastic/ironic self-deprication. In that he was playing a character who felt like he couldn't measure up to the standard set by Crenshaw, and instead of taking the high road about it, he had to try to make Crenshaw the butt of a joke so that Davidson's character could feel somewhat ok about himself. Sort of like Ben Stiller's character comparing himself to Brett Favre in "There's Something About Mary", except Stiller's response, in trying to reunite Favre with Cameron Diaz's character, was the exact opposite of Davidson's.

vantexan

So you think no conservatives laughed at his joke? I think a lot of people didn't find his joke funny. I certainly didn't. Rarely have I heard of someone with an eye patch that lost it because of something stupid. It's usually war, work, or cancer.
I have no idea. Do you? Just seems the "cancel culture" is squarely in the corner of liberal Democrats. Attack everything, laugh, scoff, belittle everything about anyone who doesn't share their political viewpoint. But in fairness plenty of memes here and elsewhere attacking Dems too.