Best CEO's

fxdwg

Long Time Member
We've seen them come and go.
Read about their good and bad.
Agreed or criticized......

Who do you perceive to have been one of the best CEO's of American Industry?

UPS: Jim Casey
GE: Jack Walsh
Chrysler: Lee Iacocca

Others..........

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Another I thought of, Andrew Carnegie. The man was an industrial genius in revolutionizing the steel industry and an incredible philanthropist. He gave away much of his fortune for good causes, even to a pension fund for his former employees. J.D. Rockefeller is another CEO like Carnegie that comes to mind as well.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Another I thought of, Andrew Carnegie. The man was an industrial genius in revolutionizing the steel industry and an incredible philanthropist. He gave away much of his fortune for good causes, even to a pension fund for his former employees. J.D. Rockefeller is another CEO like Carnegie that comes to mind as well.

I agree.

bluehdmc

Carnegie may have been a philanthropist after he died, but he was ruthless as a business man. The same can be said for Rockefeller, he would make agreements with competitors and then screw them out of business. That's why they broke up Standard Oil, he had a near monopoly on the oil wells, the distribution, refining etc.
I heard Henry Ford's method of discharging executives was to chop up their desks. I guess they got the hint.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Carnegie may have been a philanthropist after he died, but he was ruthless as a business man. The same can be said for Rockefeller, he would make agreements with competitors and then screw them out of business. That's why they broke up Standard Oil, he had a near monopoly on the oil wells, the distribution, refining etc.
I heard Henry Ford's method of discharging executives was to chop up their desks. I guess they got the hint.

The thread is about the best CEO's in American history. That's what the best do.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Some say Charles Koch in Wichita. He's also known as the world's most successful private billionaire. Koch Industries was the world's largest private company at one time. Now they're #2.

brownboxman

My Dad, had a small farm, kept it solvent, fed eight kids, taught them all how to work hard, gave back to his community, died happy.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My Dad, had a small farm, kept it solvent, fed eight kids, taught them all how to work hard, gave back to his community, died happy.
Thanks bbman..........

Nice reality check. None of us are CEO's and the glimpse into what your Dad did brings me back to Earth! FXD