Best gloves for package car driver in winter?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by buck2000, Dec 17, 2016.

1. buck2000

buck2000 New Member

I would like to find some thin, warm, durable gloves if they even exist to where I can still use my fingers well. Anyone have links? thanks

2. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Director of Shenanigans

Ask @Big Arrow Down...D

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

They rip, so use cheap work gloves you find in the big stores. They come in 5 packs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Not cheap, but try Foot Joy cold weather golf gloves.

Not good for a heavy business route, but ok for a rural or residential route.

5. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

Mitts (choppers) are much warmer than gloves for extreme cold. If you buy them a bit large you can manipulate the DIAD buttons while still keeping them on. They take some getting used to but once you figure out how to work the DIAD with them on there is no glove that can compare for warmth.

Thinsulate is superior to down, foam/fleece, BOA acrylic, cotton/flannel both for warmth and bulkiness. Consider how thick the Thinsulate is (150 to 400 gram) , and how it is distributed.

Keystone thumbs are critical for dexterity, comfort and durability.

Long insulated cuffs work well for drivers in extreme cold unless you are one who is constantly pulling them off and on.

The thickness of the leather used is critical for longevity.

I prefer the top of the line thinsulate lined Wells Lamont products (gloves above zero and mitts below zero).
    The superior stitching, design and quality of materials make for comfortable, durable glove.

I have some thinsulate lined extreme cold work gloves from Superior glove coming to me as well. We will see if they stack up to the Wells Lamont gloves.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Real men don't wear gloves.

7. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I use Atlas Therma Fit. They won't protect from super cold weather, but then again no work glove truly will. It does the job, and a few hand warmers help me get through the day

8. Utility81

Utility81 New Member

I use the Mechanix grip gloves. You can get them for about $15 at WalMart. They keep my hands warm for the most part and I don't have any problems using the board with them on. They usually last me through the cold months without ripping or tearing.

9. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Real men that actually touch a woman on occasion do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Gorilla mechanics gloves at Home Depot. If it dips below 10 I just wear a cheap pair of cotton gloves over them.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Ewie

12. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Your my new favorite person !!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. ideliver2u67

ideliver2u67 20 Down

I wear these all winter long. Perfect for me

1482080180045.jpg

Lasted edited by : Dec 18, 2016
  14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I bought a 12 pack of wool liners from Refrigiwear and wear them inside Mechanics gloves. I have to get my glove box out, the Mechanics gloves only last about a week during constant use.

15. Benben

Benben Active Member

Lasted edited by : Dec 18, 2016
  16. barnyard

I do not like those, they do not block the wind at all.

17. Benben

Benben Active Member

18. barnyard

I have several different gloves and liners from here: Gloves
    Some for work, some for riding, some for snowshoeing. They make some pretty good stuff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Try saying that after delivering in Minnesota during the month of January.

20. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

I'm using what Benben has highlighted for the past few years, they last a few weeks for me and I wear them 12 months a year now. These old hands are beat from all the years humping bundles, they work for me.