Best gloves for package car driver in winter?

buck2000

I would like to find some thin, warm, durable gloves if they even exist to where I can still use my fingers well. Anyone have links? thanks

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would like to find some thin, warm, durable gloves if they even exist to where I can still use my fingers well. Anyone have links? thanks

Not cheap, but try Foot Joy cold weather golf gloves.

Not good for a heavy business route, but ok for a rural or residential route.

35years

Gravy route
Mitts (choppers) are much warmer than gloves for extreme cold. If you buy them a bit large you can manipulate the DIAD buttons while still keeping them on. They take some getting used to but once you figure out how to work the DIAD with them on there is no glove that can compare for warmth.

Thinsulate is superior to down, foam/fleece, BOA acrylic, cotton/flannel both for warmth and bulkiness. Consider how thick the Thinsulate is (150 to 400 gram) , and how it is distributed.

Keystone thumbs are critical for dexterity, comfort and durability.

Long insulated cuffs work well for drivers in extreme cold unless you are one who is constantly pulling them off and on.

The thickness of the leather used is critical for longevity.

I prefer the top of the line thinsulate lined Wells Lamont products (gloves above zero and mitts below zero).
The superior stitching, design and quality of materials make for comfortable, durable glove.

I have some thinsulate lined extreme cold work gloves from Superior glove coming to me as well. We will see if they stack up to the Wells Lamont gloves.

Last edited:

nystripe96

I use Atlas Therma Fit. They won't protect from super cold weather, but then again no work glove truly will. It does the job, and a few hand warmers help me get through the day

Utility81

I use the Mechanix grip gloves. You can get them for about $15 at WalMart. They keep my hands warm for the most part and I don't have any problems using the board with them on. They usually last me through the cold months without ripping or tearing.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Real men that actually touch a woman on occasion do.
Your my new favorite person !!!

C4lSxWjqSJLfG.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
I bought a 12 pack of wool liners from Refrigiwear and wear them inside Mechanics gloves. I have to get my glove box out, the Mechanics gloves only last about a week during constant use.

brownelf

I'm using what Benben has highlighted for the past few years, they last a few weeks for me and I wear them 12 months a year now. These old hands are beat from all the years humping bundles, they work for me.