best hubs to work at in Philadelphia/ West Chester area?

cyguy

Been working as a preloaded out in California for a couple years while going to school out here. Finishing up school this summer and looking to transfer back to my home town. I was wondering if anybody has input on what hubs are best to work at around the Philadelphia area? My hometown is West Chester. I want to eventually become a driver and was wondering how many years of working as a preloader it takes to become a driver in that area? I know at my current hub it only takes a year or two. Thanks for your help

oldupsman

There is a building in both West Chester and Willow Grove. They both put on alot of new drivers this fall.
There are also alot of package car drivers retiring in those 2 buildings the next 3 to 4 years. If you have a clean
record and are well thought of in your current building I'd talk to your current sup now and have him put
in a good word for you at the West Chester building. They're always looking for good people. You're probably
going to have to quit though and get rehired. Be surprised if they let you transfer any time you have in the company.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Why does UPS make it so difficult to transfer???? Seems like if your a good employee with senioriy it wouldn't be near
Impossible to transfer but it is.

JWProudDad

It's because of the seniority system. Imagine working at a center for 8 years and 3 months, you're next in line, then someone who's been with UPS 8 years and 4 months transfers to your center. Bumped

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Been working as a preloaded out in California for a couple years while going to school out here. Finishing up school this summer and looking to transfer back to my home town. I was wondering if anybody has input on what hubs are best to work at around the Philadelphia area? My hometown is West Chester. I want to eventually become a driver and was wondering how many years of working as a preloader it takes to become a driver in that area? I know at my current hub it only takes a year or two. Thanks for your help
You're finishing up college and want to be a driver?

oldngray

nowhere special
Hawaii is a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Tourism is the number 1 industry there and they want visitors spending their money but not living there.