Best Way to Get Faster And Move Up?

Nate_Lawww

My first day was yesterday as a pre-loader. Its very fast paced and my sup sucks at training. I like the job though and plan to move up. What is the best method to load? Like would you worry about pace/missing packages or the organization of the truck more?

Also, i want to become a driver, is it best to stay a pre-loader until then?

Thanks

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Question 1: Drivers appreciate organization. Keep misloads to an absolute minimum, be sure to keep the next day airs segregated.

Question 2: yes.

Good luck.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not to give you too much on your first day, but the UPS service label (not the pal label you read) should always face up, out, or towards the front of the car.

Thanks for coming in today.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not to give you too much on your first day, but the UPS service label (not the pal label you read) should always face up, out, or towards the front of the car.

Thanks for coming in today.
2014-10-05-17-27-13-609389623.jpeg
You mean you don't want overweights label face down on the floor?? lol

AndUPSER

Expect to be offered a position as a part time supervisor after peak season. Don't do it or else you will most likely never become a driver.

Nate_Lawww

Haha i worked the board shed at Menards morning stock. UPS is way easier than lifting/sliding a 2x10x20 50 times a morning in the outside winter without heat. UPS is just faced paced, which i like.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"Why am I not being called in? How much do I get paid? Why is my driver mean? Do I need to shave? Will I be hired on after the season? This place sucks, it's cold and smells. So gross."
When do we get checks? What color socks should I wear? Are the packages heavy? Do we still deliver in the snow? What should my mommy pack me for lunch? When can I be a driver?