Better not Bigger non DOT Compliant Trucks?

specter208

Management here tried to put a truck with no license plate or registration on the road this week.....
We had our diesels taken away a few months ago and were using rentals and small package cars on some routes. Then we got a few new package cars were running them without plates for a couple days too.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have to be careful here with details but there is a problem in my center.

UPS wont fix DOT items on some of the vehicles or red tag them. Period

This has been going on for a while because my center does not have enough vehicles in the correct sizes and some the of ones that we have will not pass a DOT inspection because the parts are not available. We cant even get wiper blades on some in Fla because it is too soon and the blades that UPS buys are crap.

The stock price seems to be going up and drivers seem to be put at risk. I am personally appalled that stock prices are a concern and safety is not.

Social posturing seems to be a concern in Atlanta yet safety problems exist due to lack of funds in automotive.

Carol, why are you allowing this?
If they don't fix a red tag item on your vehicle , you just don't take it. If drivers do then you guys are part of the problem.

quad decade guy

If they don't fix a red tag item on your vehicle , you just don't take it. If drivers do then you guys are part of the problem.
I disagree because....it depends on who red tagged the item. We were told in no uncertain terms: Drivers CANNOT red tag vehicles. Period. Only mgt. or mechanics.

Again, better know of what you speak. If you say, leave a load sitting......better know exactly who's right.