Better, not Bigger

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
This is the best buzz phrase Tome could put together to mutate past "Transformation".
Transformation means nothing unless the context is defined, whereas "not bigger" is clearly "the same or less" in terms of size. The company is definitely smaller and volume is up.

So what's better other than ALL freight operators' bottom lines are healthy and the outlook is fantastic for moving "stuff".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I guess outsourcing HR and the widespread use of PVD’s didn’t give you a clue to where this was going. She’s cutting fat and subbing out work, hourly and management alike.

Save your pennies, next contract is going to test both sides.

FromOffTheStreets

I'm betting they will push hard for year round pvd's next contract. That's probably the only way they break even on the multitudes of Amazon pkgs going out into the hinterlands. A route with 100 $2 pkgs in rural areas in a brown truck with ups driver wages is losing major $.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess outsourcing HR and the widespread use of PVD’s didn’t give you a clue to where this was going. She’s cutting fat and subbing out work, hourly and management alike.

In a time when we are making record profits and the fed is printing money like it’s going out of style. The teamsters better be getting us all some fat ass raises next contract.

I'm not sure how rough the next contract will be, but come 2028, people better have months of living expenses saved up. There should be some sort of distinct recession by then and times will be tough, not sure it will be in the next 2 years, but we all know it's coming. Add that scenario to the trimming of the fat and subcontracting, could be scary.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I'm betting they will push hard for year round pvd's next contract. That's probably the only way they break even on the multitudes of Amazon pkgs going out into the hinterlands. A route with 100 $2 pkgs in rural areas in a brown truck with ups driver wages is losing major $.
Yea but you gotta cover the area regardless

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
$4/hr in raises over 5 years. Can almost guarantee it.
Should be around $10. No I’m not joking. We haven’t even gotten inflation level raises the last few contracts. With the increased volume and profits we deserve some of that. We should see inflation plus a percentage or two each year.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Should be around $10. No I’m not joking. We haven’t even gotten inflation level raises the last few contracts. With the increased volume and profits we deserve some of that. We should see inflation plus a percentage or two each year.
Our BA has been hinting that the company is gonna try to get us to strike next contract.
My guess is UPS feels like a 10 dollar cut, not a raise.

FromOffTheStreets

I doubt we’re carrying stuff for $2. Average package in ups system brings in around $11.
Do you really think we're getting $11 on a 5 pack of ballpoint pens? Or a case of water? A lot of these items in the Amazon bubble mailers aren't even worth $11.
We're delivering all those little knickknacks that people used to buy in the checkout lane

FromOffTheStreets

Our BA has been hinting that the company is gonna try to get us to strike next contract.
My guess is UPS feels like a 10 dollar cut, not a raise.
I think ups will take this path when they are ready to break the union & hire $20 drivers off the streets. They will offer a contract that noone would agree to & not budge.
I don't think they are quite ready for it though. They need navigation in every vehicle and Orion to learn proper routing 1st.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is the best buzz phrase Tome could put together to mutate past "Transformation".
Transformation means nothing unless the context is defined, whereas "not bigger" is clearly "the same or less" in terms of size. The company is definitely smaller and volume is up.

So what's better other than ALL freight operators' bottom lines are healthy and the outlook is fantastic for moving "stuff".
She was talking about race-gender issues. That is her true focus. She sees her mission as fixing problems that don't exist.