Bid Has Begun!

over9five

Staff member
The biennial bid has begun in Feeders! I love the bid, love all the politics and lies! You can't believe anything that anyone says during the bid.

Does anyone want to know what I'm bidding? You can ask, but don't trust the answer!!!!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Our bid doesn't start until March. I should know by the 3rd week in March whether I am staying on this non money making work your ass off run, or if I get the high dollar ride all night and sleep run. I won't even hold my breath for the daytime combo run....

trouble maker

The biennial bid has begun in Feeders! I love the bid, love all the politics and lies! You can't believe anything that anyone says during the bid.

Does anyone want to know what I'm bidding? You can ask, but don't trust the answer!!!!
Shifter in yard just hooking up sets of wiggle wagons. Kick it back one time, c'mon.

P

pickup

my current job sucks, the only reason I work it is I need to be off a certain day. (that's my line). Mistake many make is telling others how juicy their jobs are . That's the surest way to make sure that there will be plenty of people bidding on it the next time around.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The company screwed the pooch with the 22.3 bids . 40 jobs that were 22.3 combos were changed to hub only and the union told company to take down the bids. That list didn't last long (1 day). I talked with a steward and mentioned that past practice should dictate that if these jobs are kept as hub -hub, they should be top driver rate. There are currently 10 top driver rate hub only jobs currently, and of course the Watertown preload.

Apparently meeting tomorrow between 25 and co.

tieguy

Banned
t

moderator in feeders?

you know what they say about a guy that bids on long runs?

he has a short................................................................... ta.

over9five

Staff member
Oh the humanity! The corruption! The politics!!

As Sleeve said, certain things were tried to be snuck by. The Union told us not to bid, actually the bid was posted early which I figured was a Feeder thing. Apparently not....!

Anyhow, should be re-posted Monday.......BUT......we're not supposed to bid until everyone OKs it.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
We bid once a year here. We just began bidding this week, I believe. I'll get to pick from the bottom of the barrel two weeks from now.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

As Sleeve said, certain things were tried to be snuck by. The Union told us not to bid, actually the bid was posted early which I figured was a Feeder thing. Apparently not....!

Anyhow, should be re-posted Monday.......BUT......we're not supposed to bid until everyone OKs it.

It's funny what the company will try to get away with. I don't remember the exact language in the supplement but I think it's the 2nd Monday in February the bids go up, not before, not after...

tieguy

Banned

I never had any problems starting the bid early. The guys liked having more time to plan for the bid changes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

we started our bid yesterday, #8 on the list already thinks he has a lock on his.

over9five

Staff member
I don't remember the exact language in the supplement but I think it's the 2nd Monday in February the bids go up, not before, not after...

Yup, that's what it says. I just thought Feeders started early cuz that's where the highest seniority guys are.

I never had any problems starting the bid early. The guys liked having more time to plan for the bid changes.

Yup, it would seem ok to start early if everythings ready anyhow.

diesel96

Feeder Drivers or Soups, Have any of your Centers/Hubs created a 50/50 run (4 hours-car wash----4 hrs feeders), they have in my neck of the woods, and the drivers are split with it's existense. The lower senority guys like it, cause it increases work availibilty, but the higher senority drivers with O/T needs hate it.....I'm sure mngmt likes it for flexiibilty and saves them from paying O/T.....I know for sure the Reload/Night Sort mgr hates paying us high dollar on his budget...I believe greivances have been filed, but I can't see them winning.....I'd liked to hear from other Areas if this 50/50 run is used elsewhere, and for how long.....

over9five

Staff member
We don't have exactly that, but most jobs now include "shifting". Very easy to kick you out at 8 hours when you're right there in the yard.