Bid route after covering for 1 year?

ITwannabe

So this is a unique situation. I have been at UPS 1 year now(hired full time off street) I qualified on a route and then stayed on this route for 1 year. I have been told by other drivers that technically i can claim that route as a bid route because i have been on it for 1 year. Is this true? And if so there is still an issue i am unclear about. This route was originally run by a top seniority guy. He got "injured" and went on disability for a short time. But he never gave UPS an injury date. During this time he also put himself into "active duty" for the national guard. He was no enlisted. He sought this job out. So he was cheating UPS by claiming disability and also working for the guard. SO he has just come back and i have been kicked off this route and put on :censored2: i hate. He originally thought he was going to be able to retire by having his military years count but UPS has denied that request. So if they denied his years of service does this mean i can file a grievance and claim the route as my own bid route? Because if they denied him the years then how do they hold his route for him? its contradictory.

ITwannabe

Right but I though if you covered a route for 1 year every day you automatically got the route regardless of seniority?

CHALLY9TX

Don't take this the wrong way. Sounds like you don't have facts and just know stuff you have heard. Read your contract to know the bidding process for a route in your area. Or let us know what local you work in and someone might chime in on that locals bidding process is. Ups can't deny his military years.

BrownTexas

You are wishing on nothing. Covering a route for any amount of time doesn't mean you win it. If it goes back up for bid the person with the most seniority will get it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So this is a unique situation. I have been at UPS 1 year now(hired full time off street) I qualified on a route and then stayed on this route for 1 year. I have been told by other drivers that technically i can claim that route as a bid route because i have been on it for 1 year. Is this true? And if so there is still an issue i am unclear about. This route was originally run by a top seniority guy. He got "injured" and went on disability for a short time. But he never gave UPS an injury date. During this time he also put himself into "active duty" for the national guard. He was no enlisted. He sought this job out. So he was cheating UPS by claiming disability and also working for the guard. SO he has just come back and i have been kicked off this route and put on :censored2: i hate. He originally thought he was going to be able to retire by having his military years count but UPS has denied that request. So if they denied his years of service does this mean i can file a grievance and claim the route as my own bid route? Because if they denied him the years then how do they hold his route for him? its contradictory.
Sorry Bub you are now an unassigned cover driver
P.S. Take your lunch