Bid Route Cut

35years

Gravy route
The only way to survive is to get some seniority , bid into a 22.3 and slide into retirement .
Or start out not running-gunning; filing 9.5s; then taking a rural route where you move less than 130 pcs between del and p/u combined.

It is all up the the individual driver how much abuse his body takes. Use the methods, dont rush and file.

brownmvp

Thanks for all the responses, they were much appreciated.. I just wanted a little clarity for future situations i was a FT cover and knew some crappy routes so i bidded a route just to have some consistency. So when they cut my route and try to put me on a crap shoot i would rather take a lay off day vs doing someone else's route that shows up but wants to go home bc they are a little heavier than normal..also i agree w/ the logic of taking some layoffs while making 19/hr to save my body a little.. Sometimes it gets discouraging knowing you got TCDs making way more than you while you are both doing the same exact job but it was the price i had to pay for seniority. Either way i appreciate everyones response, Thanks BC fam!

DownSouthUPS

I completely agree with him. It's actually a very smart move. He doesn't want to beat his body up for less than top pay. Go home now while in progression when he can. We all had to go thru progression obviously, but when you think about it, it's not worth beating your body up for less than full rate.
More hours worked at less rate of pay equals more money than you were making if you are just dumb and choose to go home!!

Loyal Teamster

I'm a new guy and will take days off all the time. I prefer to beat up my body for $35/hr not the $19/hr I'm at now. All the old timers on here say the new guys will never make it 30 years with how the job is now. I'm just trying to play it smart.
Based on current technology advances and Amazon's growing fleet of drivers. I don't think UPS will have a need for "SKILLED"(drop off package at a porch) union workers in 10 years.
Make all the money u can now, and move on to a new career if opportunity arises.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Make America Great Again 2016

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Seniority means right to work not right to go home although some think it is both
Southern Supplement
ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID
When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.

onehandsolo

In my center the stewards agree to a system based on seniority. Basically you let them now an hour before start time if you want a vlo.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Based on current technology advances and Amazon's growing fleet of drivers. I don't think UPS will have a need for "SKILLED"(drop off package at a porch) union workers in 10 years.
Make all the money u can now, and move on to a new career if opportunity arises.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Make America Great Again 2016
You seriously have no comprehension of this business or industry.

What? Did you run out of overpriced manuals to sell? Might want to hurry and sell those now because in a few years, people will probably be able to get them from a digital pdf file.

Loyal Teamster

You seriously have no comprehension of this business or industry.

What? Did you run out of overpriced manuals to sell? Might want to hurry and sell those now because in a few years, people will probably be able to get them from a digital pdf file.
Ur response is useless, it provides absolutely no input to this thread. Trollish behavior

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Yup.

Used to be if there were cover drivers available they gave them a map.

Now it's all about area knowledge.

I got trained on most of the stuff I went out on when I first started 10 years ago. Now no one wants to leave the office so everyone goes out blind.
Southern region

Bid route or not if you're "extra" and a more senior driver wants to go home you're butt is in the seat. Our old center manager used to make you show up if you wanted the day off hit had zero option threes left.

New center manager lets people call from home and has had some grievances filed on him.

Used to be "here's a map book call me at 1300 and tell me how you're doing"

Now it's "I don't care if you have 10 years on him, you can't bump him he doesn't know that route. He'll be over allowed!"

I just laugh and bump away