Bidding/ layoffs

LDS

I had an interview with UPS freight forwarding and I'm not sure if I should accept the job if offered because of what I was told about bidding during the interview. I was basically told there is a possibility for me to be laid off at bidding time if the number of bids are less than the number of drivers and me being having the lowest seniority I would be laid off. Now I have dealt with bidding before at another company but we were only bidding for work schedules. The only way someone was laid off or fired would be due to performance or every blue moon company cuts but not at bidding time. With me being a novice with UPS bidding process can someone please give me some more info on this, thanks.

LDS

Thanks for your response, so will I only be able to bid at that location? Is there ever an option to work in another UPS location?

PT Car Washer

Thanks for your response, so will I only be able to bid at that location? Is there ever an option to work in another UPS location?
Not between UPS Freight and UPS small package. Totally separate companies. Your local may be able to recommend you to another Union company they represent. (Their Union members not the companies.)